PDA

View Full Version : DB corrupted

Lifferds
12-26-2013, 02:49 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I wanted to stream some Christmas tunes so I added the folder under the Library (not Music) the same as I had for Video (didn't want folders visible). Somehow the db got all corrupted to the point that I had no Music, Video, or Photos playlists. Remembering you had said these 3 need to be quite specific I renamed the Mezzmo folder and restarted Mezzmo so it would rebuild the db structure, then copied the records from the new to the corrupted db. Now I have the M-V-P playlists back, apparently with all file locations and playlists intact. I do not, however, see the folders in the Library where I had added them. Basically I see all my playlists in Mezzmo but no folders that were added previous to the corruption.

1) Do I need to add them back in so Mezzmo can maintain the Library properly?
2) Can they be added to the Library or do they need to be added to the Video or Music or Photos playlists?
3) Is there a convenient way to backup the db from time to time?

Tom

Paul
12-28-2013, 08:41 AM
Hi Tom,

Hope you had a great Christmas.

Some answers:

I would add your folders back into Mezzmo.
You can add a folder at any location in your Mezzmo library (e.g. under Library, or under Library/Music, or under Library/Music/NAS-Drive, etc.)
We have an FAQ for backing up your Mezzmo database files - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6028-Tutorial-How-to-backup-your-Mezzmo-database-files. The FAQ also includes a link to a free tool that a Mezzmo user has created to automate the backup process.