PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo won't read movie files

bbullo
12-30-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm having issues recently with mezzmo reading files. I have ripped a couple of videos (mp4 and ISO) and placed them in the network folder. I can see the files (through PS3) but when I click on them, I get the following message; "can't locate folder, file may have been deleted from the server". I know the file is there, I can see it ans play it through mezzmo on my PC. I know the file is good, because I tried burning the same MP4 to a DVD and the PS3 played it fine from the DVD. I can also watch other movie files located in the same folder as the new file I am trying to read.

Please help.

thanks

Paul
12-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi bbullo,

It may be related to access permissions where Mezzmo server cannot gain access to the file due to permissions set of the network folder. See this FAQ to fix this - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/4597-FAQ-Accessing-files-from-external-computers-and-NAS-drives-on-your-home-network. If still no success, then it's best we see a set of logs. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Reproduce the problem where the video does not play and then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up your logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

bbullo
12-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I'm not using a NAS drive with a password, The drive is an external drive connected to my computer, so I don't think the NAS guide applies to me. I have created a log file and will email to you.

thanks

Paul
01-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Thanks - once we get your logs, we'll analyse them & respond via email.

bigdog
01-04-2014, 11:58 AM
Thanks - once we get your logs, we'll analyse them & respond via email.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not using a NAS drive with a password, The drive is an external drive connected to my computer, so I don't think the NAS guide applies to me. I have created a log file and will email to you.

What was your email response to bbullo!!

Paul you have sent me the NAS drives instruction, but I do not have a NAS
-- just PC hard drive plus externals drives

I followed your NAS instructions without success
-- PC name = John, Mezzmo services = John and Windows Credentials = John
-- does not work

Control Panel - Admin Tools - Services - Mezzmo right click Properties
Log on Tab

Should I log on as:
Log on as "Local system account" OR "This account"

Use of both these accounts DOES NOT WORK

Paul
01-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Hi bigdog,

If your media files are stored on internal hard disk(s) on the computer that is running Mezzmo, then you do not need to worry about setting permissions or credentials.

Send us a set of logs when you try to stream some files and we'll see what's going wrong. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo server from your device and try to browse a playlist/folder and play some files. When that fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.