PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV HR21/700 Won't Play .MKV Files

BigNavy
09-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Setup

HR21/700 HD-DVR wired to 100 Mb switch. DVR using HDMI output to Panasonic TV. PC with Mezzmo trial is a Quad Core AMD with 4 gigs RAM wired to same switch.

Mezzmo recognizes the correct DVR and all settings are correct.

Problem is no matter what MKV file I attempt to play it will stutter even afte I pause the initial playback for 5 minutes or so.

PC transcoding is set to high using 4 cores which are using about 80% of CPU processing power over all 4 cores. No bottleneck here.

Other video formats play fine over the HR21. Of course if I transcode an entire movie it plays back fine in the native format on the HR21.

I'm beginning to think the problem is the Mezzmo software or the HR21 itself. Just can be sure at this point.

Is anyone else using a similar setup and successfully streaming 1080p or 1080i for that matter?

Thanks.

BigNavy

Paul
09-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Can you please turn on diagnostic logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging), then restart the server and try to play one MKV file using your device. After that, please stop the server and zip up the log files and send them to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Also, can you send me the FFmpeg information on one of the video files that does not play. To do this, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click "Get FFmpeg Information". Copy and paste the info into an email and send it to us (with the logs).

BigNavy
09-04-2010, 05:54 AM
Paul,

Will do. Thanks for the quick reply.

Dave