PDA

View Full Version : installing Mezzmo (again) on a NAS - problems with subtitles

dirkoo
01-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Hello,
I have been using Mezzmo more than a year now, and are very satisfied with the product. I use it to stream .mp4 and .srt files to my Philips TV with no problem at all.
However, i have bought a WD My Cloud Nas. On this device their is a Twonky server installed. Now i can watch the movie, but the subtitle won't work.

I was wandering if (and how) i can reinstall the mezzmo.exe with the serial given to me by mail.
If this would work, won't it interfere with the twonky thing ?

greetings and a happy new year.

Paul
01-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Hi dirkoo,

Mezzmo server is DLNA media server that is installed and runs on your PC. Twonky is a media server that is installed and runs on your NAS. They are not related to each other. For Mezzmo, your new NAS is simply a storage drive for all your media files. You add these NAS folders/files into your Mezzmo library and Mezzmo will read your files (videos, music, photos, subtitles, etc.) and stream them to your devices in your home.

If you are not seeing subtitles, then see this FAQ for things to check - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/5977-Tutorial-Subtitling-Basics.

If you need your Mezzmo serial and license key, then email our support staff at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and they will send your registration details to you.

dirkoo
01-03-2014, 05:11 AM
Thank you Paul,
I understand that i can put the Nas Folders into my Mezzmo library, but then i will have to keep my computer up and running.... and that is one reason i have bought the nas, so that i can turn of my computer when i am watching a movie on my TV.
Greetings.

Paul
01-03-2014, 07:19 AM
Understand, dirkoo. However, a NAS drive does not have the CPU + memory performance for transcoding HD video on-the-fly - so any incompatible video will not be able to streamed to your devices from your NAS-based media server. That's where media servers installed on multi-core PCs really have a strong advantage over the light-weight media servers installed on NAS drives.