PDA

View Full Version : How to create a profile for my Yamaha Receiver?

gloco
01-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Hello! I'm trying out Mezzmo and love it so far, but there's one thing I cannot figure out, before I decide to purchase it. I have plenty of 24/88, 24/96, 24/176 and 24/192 wav's and flac's that I'd like to stream. Right now, my TV is set as the default device to stream music and video to. Everything else works fine, but the 24 bit files I have play slow so I'm trying to figure out how to get Mezzmo to send the files to my receiver and for the life of me I cannot figure it out. I have a Yamaha RX-V673 Receiver. I saw a Generic profile in Mezzmo's Media Devices box, I assumed it's for my Receiver so I selected Yamaha RX from the drop down menu, but it didn't seem to change anything. In the Change Contents/Devices option when viewing/using Mezzmo on my TV it does not list the Yamaha RX as an option, just Mezzmo and my PC (which doesn't work properly when trying to view all the files in my library, hence the reason why I went to Mezzmo).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Paul
01-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Hi gloco,

Your Yamaha receiver is a DLNA renderer that can play music files streamed from a DLNA media server such as Mezzmo. In Mezzmo, all the DLNA devices connected to your home network are listed in the Media Devices dialog box. You should set the most appropriate device profile for each device there so that Mezzmo knows what media file formats your device supports. Mezzmo will stream these supported file formats directly to your device and will transcode any incompatible formats into a supported format so they can be played also.

On your device, your will see "Mezzmo" listed as a media server. This is what you will connect to to access all the files that you have added into your Mezzmo library. (BTW: You can change the "Mezzmo" name if you wish in the Media Server Settings dialog).

So on your Yamaha receiver, connect to Mezzmo. You then should be able to browse into the Music playlist and then (for example) browse into the Artist playlist & play some tracks from the artist's albums that you have (assuming you have added your music files into Mezzmo already).

If you need further help, just ask :)

jbinkley60
01-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Hi gloco,

Your Yamaha receiver is a DLNA renderer that can play music files streamed from a DLNA media server such as Mezzmo. In Mezzmo, all the DLNA devices connected to your home network are listed in the Media Devices dialog box. You should set the most appropriate device profile for each device there so that Mezzmo knows what media file formats your device supports. Mezzmo will stream these supported file formats directly to your device and will transcode any incompatible formats into a supported format so they can be played also.

On your device, your will see "Mezzmo" listed as a media server. This is what you will connect to to access all the files that you have added into your Mezzmo library. (BTW: You can change the "Mezzmo" name if you wish in the Media Server Settings dialog).

So on your Yamaha receiver, connect to Mezzmo. You then should be able to browse into the Music playlist and then (for example) browse into the Artist playlist & play some tracks from the artist's albums that you have (assuming you have added your music files into Mezzmo already).

If you need further help, just ask :)

I have a Yamaha RX-A3020 and it works great with Mezzmo. My files are all in WAV format though and not FLAC but FLAC should play fine. One trick I did, once I got more advanced with Mezzmo, is to use the playlist sharing permissions of Mezzmo to only send the Audio playlist, excluding Video and Photos. This was done by exclusing the Yamaha IP address under playlist sharing permissions for the video and photo playlists. The result of this is that when you browse Mezzmo in your Yamaha receiver you'll only see audio files.

gloco
01-08-2014, 05:10 AM
Thanks guys! I'll try this once I get home and report back :)

gloco
01-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Hey, it worked like expected. I just selected Server on the receiver and then Mezzmo. Only problem I've noticed so far is that my receiver would not playback 24/176 or 24/192 flac's. It supports up to 24/192 playback, so I'm just wondering if that's a Receiver issue or Mezzmo problem? The files playback just fine on my desktop PC.

Paul
01-08-2014, 10:34 AM
If you are using the Yamaha RX device profile (go to Media Devices dialog to check & set this), then Mezzmo is delivering all your FLAC files directly to your Yamaha receiver. If some do not play, then your receiver does not support those particular FLAC files. Check your Yamaha receiver's specs to see what FLAC formats it supports. If you can get this information, then we can tweak the device profile to better match your receiver's capabilities.

gloco
01-09-2014, 04:46 AM
If you are using the Yamaha RX device profile (go to Media Devices dialog to check & set this), then Mezzmo is delivering all your FLAC files directly to your Yamaha receiver. If some do not play, then your receiver does not support those particular FLAC files. Check your Yamaha receiver's specs to see what FLAC formats it supports. If you can get this information, then we can tweak the device profile to better match your receiver's capabilities.

Hi Paul, it looks like it only supports 24/96 flac's. I guess I gotta figure out how to transcode these 24/176 and 24/192 to 24/96. I'm assuming Mezzmo can handle that? By the way, thanks for all your support. I'll definitely be purchasing Mezzmo shortly :)

Paul
01-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide an updated Yamaha RX device profile that includes the FLAC support that you are after. In your email, let us know what FLAC formats are supported and what are not for your receiver model.

gloco
01-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide an updated Yamaha RX device profile that includes the FLAC support that you are after. In your email, let us know what FLAC formats are supported and what are not for your receiver model.

Hi Paul,

The email has been sent! Thanks again!

-George