PDA

View Full Version : maintain library slow and seems to redownload everything

paulsalter
01-11-2014, 05:14 AM
Hi Again,

Not sure if this is a result of moving all my media onto an external hard drive but the maintain library is taking a very long time now (seems to be due to re downloading all data)

it scans through as it normally does, takes about 10 minutes to scan library

once this gets to around 85%, the figure for getting meta data and album covers starts increasing (until it has covered all my videos), it then spends 2 hours downloading around 1 gig of data (my BB is slow)

this happens everytime I do a maintain library, before Christmas it would take 20 to 30 minutes for the whole thing

Any thoughts

Cheers

EDIT: I tried doing a compact database but it made no difference

Paul
01-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Check your Maintain Library settings. If you have the 'Update all attributes' radio button selected, then Mezzmo will get all attributes again from scratch & will operate as you are experiencing. If you have the 'Only update new files or files with empty attributes' radio button selected, then only metadata for newly added files or existing files with blank entries will be retrieved - and this typically runs much faster.

paulsalter
01-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Thanks

Double checked and it is set to only update newly added or blank fields, running now and it doing the same, nothing has been added to library since I last ran it

logging is enabled so will be able to get logs to you later on

Cheers

Paul
01-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Please email us the logs and we'll be able to see what's happening.