PDA

View Full Version : Android wierdness

DrTeeth
01-15-2014, 12:17 PM
I have just got a new Nexus tablet and MX Player is my default player and all was working well with BubbleUPnP. Suddenly, when playing a file through Bubble, I am presented with a ‘complete task using…’ and it lists some media players, but NOT my default one. If I transfer a file to local storage, it opens with the correct player.

Is this a Mezzmo issue? I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the uPnP software and the media player software

Thanks

Guy

Paul
01-15-2014, 12:59 PM
I think it is a BubbleUPnP app issue (Mezzmo has no influence on this). It does not seem to be remembering your selected renderer/device.

DrTeeth
01-15-2014, 07:53 PM
I tried another upnp app as a test and got the same result. Is there anything in the bubbleupnp-mxplayer profile that could affect this? cheers Guy

Paul
01-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Is there anything in the bubbleupnp-mxplayer profile that could affect this? cheers Guy

Unfortunately, no - the device profile mostly just defines the supported formats for the device.

DrTeeth
01-17-2014, 06:57 AM
Thanks Paul. Further testing points to the issue being with the video player. Another similar one works okay. I just don't like to let compuers win <g>.
!

With kind regards

Guy

Paul
01-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Glad you found the culprit, Guy :)