PDA

View Full Version : Transcoding settings

Pootle
01-26-2014, 09:17 AM
Hi,

A couple of suggestions for the transcoding settings for a specific media file, i.e. right click file > Properties > Transcoding tab

1. Could it be possible to select multiple files, go to the transcoding tab, click Use Original File, select a device and then have this apply to all the files selected? I've tried doing this and Mezzmo lets you perform these steps, but going back to check each file reveals that the setting hasn't been saved.

2. Related to request 1, it seems that if you change the profile for the device, then any transcoding settings made to individual files (per above) are lost, even if you change back to the original device profile. I updated the settings for a hundred or so video files for a new TV, then noticed that my audio files weren't playing properly. Changed the profile, still didn't work, changed it back and noticed all the transcoding settings were gone. Just re-doing them now...

Thanks

P

Paul
01-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Hi Pootle,

1. Nice idea. We'll implement that.

2. When you change your device profile, all transcoded files for that device are removed - since the new device profile does not match the old device profile and you may get different streaming results with a mixed set of transcoded files. However, "Use Original File" should be handled fine (& kept) when changing device profile so we'll look into keeping that setting when changing device profile.

Pootle
01-28-2014, 12:09 PM
Thanks Paul