PDA

View Full Version : Issue with transcoding videos on LG BDP player

AskewDread
01-30-2014, 04:26 PM
Hey,

im having something that I believe is a bug... when I choose a video and it starts transcoding it wont play until the transcoding has finished... on huge MKV's that can take 25 mins at least, and usually I believe it should be able to play the movie while the transcoding is happening?

Paul
02-01-2014, 10:00 AM
What device profile is assigned to your LG device in the Media Devices dialog? It should be "LG BluRay". Next, please post the FFmpeg information for the original MKV file and the transcoded file. Right-click on the MKV file and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Post that here. Next, right-click on the same MKV file and click Properties. On the Properties dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and select the transcoded file listed there and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Post that here also.

AskewDread
02-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Hmm it had set itself to LG TV (2013 Models) so that could be part of the problem... ive changed it to LG BluRay and will try that out shortly :) - if that hasn't solved it ill send thru those details

AskewDread
02-01-2014, 03:22 PM
thanks for the help.. its working much much better its not even trying to transcode now it just plays it quite happily :)

Paul
02-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Great news :) Glad you are up and running now.