errrorzz#@!??
02-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Hi,

I have an active playlist for my movies with the following settings:

Keyword hierarchy - Genre
Type of files - Video files
Sort by - Title (ascending)
Sharing permissions - default settings

I've noticed that some movies in the Documentary genre aren't listed. Some of those movies have multiple genres and they appear in the other genres correctly but not in Documentary.

I tried maintaining the playlist but it has made no difference. Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance

Paul
02-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Right-click on one of the files and click Properties. On the Properties dialog, in the Genre edit box, do you see 'Documentary" listed? If you do and still do not see the file listed under "Documentary" in your genre active playlist, then it's best we see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Then, run Mezzmo and start your Mezzmo server. Browse to the Documentary active playlist in Mezzmo and also on your device. Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

errrorzz#@!??
02-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Thanks Paul. I've followed the steps and emailed the logs as requested, please let me know if you need more info.

I can confirm at least two movies have the Documentary genre: The Cove and Turtle: The Incredible Journey
I tried accessing the Documentary genre over XBMC on a MacOS 10.9 MacBook Pro and those movies were not listed, as expected. Just so that you know what to look for.

I have also noticed that the same issue occurs in Video\Library\Genre: those movies aren't appearing in the Documentary genre in that playlist as well, so I assume the issue is not necessarily with my new playlist but at a lower level. But I'll leave the investigation and recommendation to you :)

Paul
02-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Thanks - we'll analyse your logs and respond back via email.