PDA

View Full Version : Nagging for password

DrTeeth
02-25-2014, 07:20 AM
Hi,

When downloading from https://www.justflight.com/account/productdownloads/1 using DLS I get prompted for a username and password; but not when downloading directly.

Cheers

DrT

Paul
02-25-2014, 08:53 AM
Hi DrT,

It is possible that the web site has created a session-based cookie when using your web browser, and your web browser is using that when browsing/downloading - so there is no requirement to prompt for username and password. When copying/pasting a link into the Add Job dialog in DownloadStudio, DownloadStudio does not have this session-based cookie, so you are prompted. Try downloading a link from within your web browser using DownloadStudio (rather than copying/pasting the link address into the Add Job dialog). DownloadStudio will try to collect all cookies (including session-based) when you right-click and download a link within your web browser.

DrTeeth
02-26-2014, 06:48 AM
Hi Paul,

I'll give that a go next time. I am not copying/pasting a link address as such, it is being intercepted by click monitoring - is that doing the same thing in effect?

Cheers

DrT

Paul
02-26-2014, 08:52 AM
...I am not copying/pasting a link address as such, it is being intercepted by click monitoring - is that doing the same thing in effect?

Yes - intercepting by click monitoring should be also picking up all cookies - including session-based. Let us know if it does reoccur and we'll look into it further.

DrTeeth
02-28-2014, 04:31 AM
Will do. The link above has expired and the issue is quite rare. I'll chime in again if it happens again.

Best Wishes,

DrT