PDA

View Full Version : appdata\local\conceiva\mezzmo\transcoding files filling my hard drive

boe
03-04-2014, 02:13 AM
Hello,

I'm not sure if I even need transcoded files but if I do I'd like to move my transcoding files to another drive. I have a 250GB boot SSD. My transcoding files is over 100GB! Please let me know how to disable this feature if I don't need it or move it to another drive so it doesn't come back to the c: drive.

90% of what I play back is mkv
2% is avi
5% is mp3
3% is flac

smitbret
03-04-2014, 03:28 AM
Hello,

I'm not sure if I even need transcoded files but if I do I'd like to move my transcoding files to another drive. I have a 250GB boot SSD. My transcoding files is over 100GB! Please let me know how to disable this feature if I don't need it or move it to another drive so it doesn't come back to the c: drive.

90% of what I play back is mkv
2% is avi
5% is mp3
3% is flac

This is normal if you don't set a size limit on the temp folder. If you want to change it, just go into Mezzmo and choose Transcoder Settings. You can assign a maximum size to the folder so it doesn't take up too much space.

boe
03-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Thanks. What does it use that folder for? I'm not sure what it does if the file is already mkv.

Paul
03-04-2014, 09:58 AM
When Mezzmo needs to transcode (or convert) one of your video, music or photo files so it can be played on your DLNA devices, then it stores the transcoded file in the Transcoding folder. This folder contains all the transcoded files for all your devices. You can move this folder to another drive if you like. Or, you can set the maximum size of the folder so that it does not fill up your drive. Mezzmo will delete older transcoded files when the maximum size is reached. Go to the Transcoding Settings dialog to set the folder location and maximum size.

Mezzmo decides to transcode a file or not based on the device profile that you have assigned to your device in the Media Devices dialog. The device profile contains a list of all the supported video, music, image and subtitle formats tha your device supports.

boe
03-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Thanks for clearing that up!