PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect sorting of playlist

JohnM
09-13-2010, 08:04 AM
I know that a normal playlist is only sorted alphabetically but it is not done properly for instance it sorts as
filename _1
filename _10
filename _11
filename _2

I know it is a pain, but would make viewing so much easier if they were in proper order.

Paul
09-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Well, technically it's correctly sorted, because the digits are also treated as a string (part of the whole title/filename). A variation on this would be to sort strings with equal lengths first, but that would break and make look weird all other sort results (such as normal titles/artists/etc...).

I'm not sure if there's a good solution for this, but we'll have a think here...

wozza
09-26-2010, 10:48 AM
I have a similar "issue" re. sorting, although I don't think it's Mezzmo's fault and I doubt there's a solution. I can be a bit anal about film titles being the same as their creators intended but this means that movies can then be out of release order in the listing (not so much worried about how they appear in Mezzmo browser BTW, just on my Samsung TV): e.g.

The Terminator
Terminator 2

The sorted order of these is reversed. Is there any way I can get the order right chronologically and still keep the correct displayed name, rather than calling them t1 and t2 or similar?!

Great software BTW!

Paul
09-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Sorry, I don't see a way to do this at the moment. We'd need to add more sorting options to smart playlists to make this work, which is planned, but is not yet available. I'll put this up for discussion here.

wozza
09-27-2010, 11:46 PM
I know that a normal playlist is only sorted alphabetically but it is not done properly for instance it sorts as
filename _1
filename _10
filename _11
filename _2

I know it is a pain, but would make viewing so much easier if they were in proper order.

Just a thought - would it help in your situation to add leading zeroes? So it would be:

filename _01
filename _02
filename _10
filename _11

wozza
09-29-2010, 03:02 AM
Sorry, I don't see a way to do this at the moment. We'd need to add more sorting options to smart playlists to make this work, which is planned, but is not yet available. I'll put this up for discussion here.

I figured out that my TV (Samsung B7000 series) sorts videos based on filename, unlike Mezzmo, which I guess sorts by "title". So basically, I just renamed the files, but kept the "title" as the correct movie name. So I now have:

terminator1.avi - title = "The Terminator"
terminator2.avi - title = "Terminator 2 - Judgement Day"

So the sorting is correct and proper title appears on TV. My OCD has been soothed for another day!

JohnM
10-15-2010, 02:52 AM
Thanks for fixing this. It is *much* nicer now.