PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Website / Powerpoint / PDF

itman
03-25-2014, 06:14 PM
Hi,

i was wondering if it is possible to stream Powerpoint - Files, PDF - Files or even internal websites over DLNA protocol.

Background of this is because I want to set up 10+ TV's in a network and don't want to add to every single TV a PC.

Does Mezzmo support this or will this be supported in future?

Thanks for the info
cheers
ITMAN

Paul
03-26-2014, 08:22 AM
Hi ITMAN,

Sorry - the DLNA guidelines are for streaming media files (image, video, audio).

jbinkley60
03-27-2014, 10:22 AM
Microsoft gives you the ability to save your PPT as a video. See this link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/turn-your-presentation-into-a-video-HA010336763.aspx .

itman
03-27-2014, 06:27 PM
Thanks guys, that's what I thought!

I guess in my situtation I can't bypass a computer per TV.

cheers

jbinkley60
03-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Thanks guys, that's what I thought!

I guess in my situtation I can't bypass a computer per TV.

cheers

Ahh, I understand better the question now. If you have smart TVs they will have a DLNA client in them that can access Mezzmo, which could have your PPT files available in streaming video format. I do that with my Samsung TVs. The only way to get away from something connected to the TV is a Smart TV. Of course you can buy streamer boxes for around $40 per TV, which is much cheaper than a computer.

is_it_tennant
06-11-2018, 11:36 PM
The very thing you could do here is to record the screencast of you working with the PDF file and only then stream that record via Mezzmo :D But seriously I find it quite inconvenient as well and don't understand why won't they add support for some web applications at least, the editors like this for example https://w9.pdffiller.com and everything would be fine about that. But yet that's the only trick I see as a solution

jbinkley60
06-12-2018, 12:45 AM
The Techsmith Snagit product works well for screen capture to video conversions.