PDA

View Full Version : LG BD390 - FLAC and WAV files stop playing after 20 seconds

petar
09-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Hi there,

I installed Mezzmo and it works very well with my LG BD390 BluRay player...

.... Except.... when I play FLAC and WAV files, after about 20 or 30 seconds, the LG displays the message "there may be network congestion". I tried this on quiote a few FLAC and WAV files, and consistently ran into the same problem.

I originally thought it may be a problem with the network speed (it's over WiFi), but movies are streamed without any problems. On my computer, Task Manager shows that the CPU and network are not even running at 15% or 20% of their capacity.

Could it be that Mezzmo is not transferring the remainder of the FLAC and WAV files?

By the way, MP3 files (i.e. file type that is not transcoded) do play without any problems. Seems to only happen when I play audio formats that are transcoded.

Thanks,
Petar

Paul
09-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi Petar,

If you try to play the same file a second time, does it play fully through or does it stop at the same spot?

petar
09-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi Dennis,

I tried playing a particular FLAC file over and over again (4 times) to see whether it stopped at exactly the same spot... it did... it was exactly the 18 second mark.

Then I tried another FLAC file over and over again, and that other file stopped at the 24 second mark each time I played it.

So, different FLAC files stopped at different times, but each file always stopped at exactly the same point when played over and over again.

Regards,
Petar

Paul
09-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi Petar,

Can you please zip up and send one of those FLACs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com so that I could try it here?

petar
09-14-2010, 12:42 PM
No worries Dennis. Will do that tonight.

petar
09-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Hi Dennis,

I have sent a message to the email address you specified, with a link to the FLAC file.

Thanks,
Petar

Paul
09-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks - I'll take a look and get back to you via e-mail.