PDA

View Full Version : Planned support for the Amazon Fire TV

smitbret
04-03-2014, 02:21 AM
Box was just released and it has some tidy specs.

Not a lot of info on it, but I was wondering if it would make it onto the list of supported devices.

Paul
04-03-2014, 06:58 AM
Cannot yet see if it supports DLNA / UPnP. If it does, we'll certainly create a device profile for it.

If you have purchased one, then email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide device profile details.

smitbret
04-06-2014, 12:11 AM
Cannot yet see if it supports DLNA / UPnP. If it does, we'll certainly create a device profile for it.

If you have purchased one, then email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide device profile details.

I followed up on this shortly after posting and unfortunately, the Fire currently does not support DLNA/UPnP.

There are reports of people being able to sideload XBMC on to it, though. I am waiting to see how smooth that is before I plunge into it much deeper.

Paul
04-06-2014, 07:30 AM
That's a pity. Hopefully they'll add DLNA/UPnP in a firmware upgrade or you'll be able to install apps (such as XBMC) on to it. Let us know how you go if you decide to grab one.

Dion
04-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Not only is Amazon super late to this Media Box world. But no DLNA / UPnP? I'll keep my WDTV SMP TYVM :-)