PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo Server wont accept certain MKVs

Gus
09-15-2010, 05:44 AM
Does anyone else have this problem...

My Mezzmo server has about 30 MKV files, and they show in the server console with a thumbnail (or cover if i import one), but a couple recently only show as a piece of paper with one corner folded. See attached.
As a result, i cant add a new cover and my TV doesn't show the file in the listing.

I have come across 2 like this in the past few days. The file is played on my PC ok and on the TV via USB so i know the files are OK. It seems Mezzmo doesnt acknowledge it as a valid MKV.

Is it just me?

cheers

Gus

Paul
09-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Can you please try to get FFmpeg information on that file? I've seen at least one like this before where FFmpeg couldn't process it properly.

Gus
09-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Hi Dennis,

I assume ffmpeg -i is OK for you (since right click on file in Mezzmo is greyed out)...

The output was:

FFmpeg version SVN-r24894, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers
built on Aug 24 2010 15:03:07 with gcc 4.4.0
configuration: --enable-static --disable-shared --enable-memalign-hack --enabl
e-libmp3lame --extra-cflags=-I/c/msys/local/include --extra-ldflags=-L/c/msys/lo
cal/lib --enable-zlib --enable-w32threads --extra-cflags=-fno-common --enable-gp
l --enable-libx264 --disable-ffplay --disable-ffprobe --disable-ffserver --enabl
e-runtime-cpudetect --extra-cflags=-U__STRICT_ANSI__
libavutil 50.24. 0 / 50.24. 0
libavcore 0. 6. 0 / 0. 6. 0
libavcodec 52.86. 1 / 52.86. 1
libavformat 52.78. 3 / 52.78. 3
libavdevice 52. 2. 1 / 52. 2. 1
libavfilter 1.37. 0 / 1.37. 0
libswscale 0.11. 0 / 0.11. 0
[matroska,webm @ 003dd1b0] Too many streams
c:a.mkv: Not enough space

2nd last line is shown in Red.
I have plenty disk space by the way!

cheers

Gus

Gus
09-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Suspecting too many streams in the container, i used mkvmergeGUI to remove a few subtitle tracks that are not required, still no success adding to Mezzmo.
So redid it and this time removed about 12 non-english subtitle tracks and it now adds OK.

I suppose this is a workaround but can Mezzmo be setup to access MKVs regardless of whether ffmpeg decides there are too many tracks? i dont transcode anything.

cheers

Gus

Paul
09-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks for testing.

As one more test, can you please download an FFmpeg build from here: http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/autobuilds/ then try the same "ffmpeg -i xxx" using that and see if that works on the original file?

I'd need to grab the original file to see why it's not being processed by Mezzmo successfully - is there a way for me to download it?

Gus
09-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Dennis,

i just downloaded ffmpegf from your link and ran it on one of my MKVs that wont add. It reported the same lines at the end:

[matroska,webm @ 01d0d4e0] Too Many Streams
c:file1.mkv: Not enough space

As for getting this file? it's over 12Gb ??
To be honest, out of my whole collection i have only 3 that wont add (actually 2 now that i removed the subs tracks yesterday). So it's no big hassle. But i'm sure you would like to get it fixed for others. I would say the issue is not with Mezzmo or my TV, only that ffmpeg reports an error and that seems to stop the import into the library.
I can see this being an issue for transcoding but sine i dont t/c anything then Mezzmo could just ignore ffmpeg error report?
cheers

Gus

Paul
09-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Well, the problem there is that Mezzmo is using avlibs* (which are used by and part of FFmpeg as well) to get media information about video files, so if the file is not recognized by FFmpeg, this also means that Mezzmo will not recognize it and thus cannot add it to the Library.

Thus far, I have only heard of this issue twice, but hopefully the FFmpeg developers will fix this soon before it becomes wide-spread :)