PDA

View Full Version : Transcode support for Nikon NEF RAW camera formats

nailgunn
09-15-2010, 09:56 PM
First of all I would like to say this has been a very good product I just made my purchase this morning.
I had some minor issues with ffmpeg.exe (v8-24) crashing during transcoding on my server (2k8r2x64) but found a v9-10 and replaced it, all is good.

Since I got my new (to me) Sony 5500ES Reciever and 52EX701 Bravia I have been testing DLNA Software. Yours was one of of two that my new equipment saw, And functionally was the best of those 2.

The only thing that made me hesitate in my purchase was another DLNA software(Starts with TV and ends with ty which did not support my sony Hardware) would transcode my Nikon Camera .NEF raw pictures to jpeg. That was huge for me. It keeps me from having to select what pictures I wanted to export and just allowed me to point to my cameras storage folder.

To include transcoding for Nikon and Cannon raw formats would RAWK.

One other function, and maybe I missed it was to be able to bind to a certain NIC. My Server is also a Multi Nic Hyper V server and when ever I bring up the nic I serve my virtuals from I start to broadcast a second instance of Mez. I have tried may ways of hiding that nic form Mez using the OS but no go.

Anyhow thanks for a very good product interface is good and I am happy.

Paul
09-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Thank you!

We have considered adding RAW images format support and it's still being discussed - I'm happy to see requests for it coming in, as that makes a beter arguement why we need it :)

The ability to bind to a certain NIC is coming in one of the updates - it's already planned for development, so hopefully will find its way into Mezzmo soon.

nailgunn
09-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks Dennis
For me this would be a very very nice feature

On a seperate note.
I was doing some work on my Video Media files. I noticed that you give us the ability to Modify tag information but that is only stored in the Mezz Library DB.
I wonder is there was any discussion on allowing Mezz to also update the tags for the files?
I was thinking if I do all this work in creating a tagged library and end for what ever reason delete it, I would like all that work to be saved to the file.

There are so few Video tag editors out there right now.

Just a thought
Again Thanks

Paul
09-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. You are right - Mezzmo stores all the metadata information inside it's database (or Mezzmo Library). No metadata is written back into the actual media files. We have discussed adding file-based metadata editing into Mezzmo and we may add this feature in the future.