PDA

View Full Version : Site rule setting is ignored

Mushroom
04-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Hello, I think that I am missing something, but sadly I can't see my error. This is what I want:

I want to set the number of segments for each download to four, for all downloads which don't match a specific site rule.
In site rules, I want to override the number of segments according to the site I am downloading from.

So, in Options I set a default value of 4 segments:

In the Site Rules Properties, I set the number of segments to 10:

Then I use Add Job, and click the Download Settings on that dialog, to check the options before starting the download. This is what is shown:

Looks like the 10 segments setting did replace the default, right? (If I use an URL which does not match the rule, the value here is different, so I know that the site rule matched as expected.) However, once the download starts, it is still using the default value, instead of what was set in the rule and just shown a few seconds earlier:

Can somebody tell me what is wrong? Thank you.

Paul
04-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the detailed explanation. You have done everything correct.

In addition to your settings, DownloadStudio does have a minimum size for a split (=500K). This 500K minimum split size explains why you see only 4 splits instead of 10.

Mushroom
04-14-2014, 10:15 PM
Thank you for the reply. However, I don't think that the file size is the issue here. The file I used for the captured screens is about 300 MB in size, and if I set the default number of segments to 10, then 10 segments will be used even if the site rule specifies a different number.

Paul
04-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Understand. Please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and add the URL in question in your email. We'll try it here to reproduce your issue.

Mushroom
04-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Thank you Paul, I just sent the email.