PDA

View Full Version : Downloads subtitles for every video on my server (several thousand)

some_evil
04-14-2014, 02:07 PM
Hi,

I just noticed when I maintain my library for the first time after adding several thousand movies it has a line saying "Getting video subtitles: 7000 files remaining".

I have had a bit of a look in the options, but i'm not sure if what I am after is possible...

For example, when I acquire a TV episode and it needs subtitles, it will come as a text file with my .AVI, and will reside in the same folder. Now when I stream this file on my WDTV Live device, if I require subtitles I am hoping to just push the subtitle button on my remote and the device will read the ones I already have. Can I do this?

I am hoping to stop the software from downloading subtitles for every video as 99.99% of the time they are not required. I want mezzmo to stream subtitles, but not download them.

Do I make sense? Its hard to explain...

Cheers
-Ben

Paul
04-14-2014, 02:15 PM
Hi Ben,

The current version of Mezzmo (v3.4.4.0) does not get subtitles from the internet. It gets them from either external subtitle files (.SRT, .SUB, .ASS, etc.) that sit alongside your video files on disk or from inside your video files (i.e. embedded subtitles).

When you stream a video to a device, then Mezzmo will always check if you have subtitles for this video and will stream it to the device as well. It will either stream it as an external subtitle, or embed the subtitles into the transcoded video or burn the subtitles into the transcoded video. It decides this based on the device profile you have selected and the subtitle settings you have selected in the Options dialog (Subtitles page) and the Device Settings dialog (Subtitles tab) for your device.

There is a good explanation about how subtitles work in Mezzmo at - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/5977-Tutorial-Subtitling-Basics

Your WD TV Live supports lots of external and embedded subtitle formats so you should be able to see them when streaming with Mezzmo.

ftanner
04-19-2014, 02:35 AM
Hi Ben,

The current version of Mezzmo (v3.4.4.0) does not get subtitles from the internet. It gets them from either external subtitle files (.SRT, .SUB, .ASS, etc.) that sit alongside your video files on disk or from inside your video files (i.e. embedded subtitles).

When you stream a video to a device, then Mezzmo will always check if you have subtitles for this video and will stream it to the device as well. It will either stream it as an external subtitle, or embed the subtitles into the transcoded video or burn the subtitles into the transcoded video. It decides this based on the device profile you have selected and the subtitle settings you have selected in the Options dialog (Subtitles page) and the Device Settings dialog (Subtitles tab) for your device.

There is a good explanation about how subtitles work in Mezzmo at - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/5977-Tutorial-Subtitling-Basics

Your WD TV Live supports lots of external and embedded subtitle formats so you should be able to see them when streaming with Mezzmo.

FYI Paul,

Mine is doing this as well. It's telling me that it has 11,001 subtitles that it is trying to import, and has sat there for weeks. There are no subtitle files in any of the folders containing my movies.

In my opinion, there is some sort of bug.

Paul
04-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Thanks for reporting this. We have improved subtitle handling for the upcoming Mezzmo v4.0 so hopefully this issue has been fixed. For now you can remove this Status pane message by doing the following:

Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo.
Using Windows Explorer, go to the following folder:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo (for Win8/Win7/Vista)
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Conceiva\Mezzmo (for Win XP)
Delete the "MezzmoVideoSubtitles.db" file.
Run Mezzmo and start your Mezzmo server.