PDA

View Full Version : Am I out of luck with my TV titles?

surfariver
04-24-2014, 02:03 AM
I was evaluating Mezzmo about a month ago and while it found my movie titles without a problem, it pulled none of my TV titles, so I went through an entered them all manually. Took much longer than I'd like to admit. After the trial expired, I uninstalled Mezzmo and gave Plex a try. Mezzmo was clearly better for what I wanted, so I reinstalled Mezzmo.

Much to my surprise, all of the titles I had entered in on the TV shows were gone.

The File Names are Series.Season#.Episode#.Title.avi and the filenames show as Series_S'X'_D'X'.Title'X'.DVDRIP

So, is there a way to either 1) Get my old manually entered titles back or 2) adjust the settings so Mezzmo downloads the titles properly.

I tried searching and it sounds like my best bet may be to just 'use filename as title'.

Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Paul
04-24-2014, 06:56 AM
You can use the "Use filename as title' checkbox as a workaround if you want to keep your filenames. The upcoming Mezzmo v4.0 has good improvements for finding TV show names, etc. from file paths so I expect the new version will help you out. It is in final Beta testing at the moment and we expect to release in the next few weeks. Can you provide a real TV show file path from your collection that does not work and we will try it here with Mezzmo v4.0 to make sure it does work before the upcoming release.

surfariver
04-24-2014, 10:15 PM
You can use the "Use filename as title' checkbox as a workaround if you want to keep your filenames. The upcoming Mezzmo v4.0 has good improvements for finding TV show names, etc. from file paths so I expect the new version will help you out. It is in final Beta testing at the moment and we expect to release in the next few weeks. Can you provide a real TV show file path from your collection that does not work and we will try it here with Mezzmo v4.0 to make sure it does work before the upcoming release.

Thank you. All the filenames are the same format such as

Simpsons.07.22.Raging.Abe.Simpsons.and.His.Grumbli ng.Grandson.in.The.Curse.of.the.Flying.Hellfish.av i

Game.of.Thrones.01.08.The.Pointy.End.avi

Is is safe to say if I buy now, the upgrade to v4.0 is included?

Paul
04-25-2014, 08:00 AM
Thanks - we'll test these out with Mezzmo v4.0 Beta and make sure they work.

Yes - it is a free upgrade to Mezzmo v4.0 for all registered Mezzmo users.

surfariver
07-31-2014, 02:27 AM
Paul,
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I have installed the new Mezzmo and run the media update and unfortunatley

1. It renamed my movies in an akward fashion
2. Did not rename any of the TV shows as I had hoped
3. No longer seems to have the option where I can simply use the file name as the movie, which would mostly fix my problems.

Help!

Paul
07-31-2014, 06:53 AM
Display Titles let you name your titles as you wish. See this FAQ about how to use Display Titles - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/7267-Tutorial-How-to-use-Display-Titles-to-customize-the-titles-of-your-media-files.

surfariver
08-01-2014, 12:44 AM
Got it. I had tried that, but the titles didn't change on Mezzmo. I see now that they are changed on the TV when I am browsing.

Thank you

Paul
08-01-2014, 07:08 AM
Glad you are up and running now :)