PDA

View Full Version : Evaluating Mezzmo

JonL
09-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Hello,
I'm evaluating Mezzmo for use with an Oppo BDP-80 Blu-ray player.

I'm able to transcode FLAC files to PCM, which is a big plus :D, but I'm still unable to stream DVD ISO files.

Also, when streaming VOB files from DVD rips with DTS tracks, all I get is Dolby Digital 2.0 (stereo),

I can't find any configuration options for this in Mezzmo, so how can I get through this?

Thanks in advance!

Paul
09-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Hello,

Mezzmo does not support ISO files, so you cannot stream them directly unfortunately.

We have an updated device profile for the Oppo, if you wish, send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and I'll send it to you to try. If that doesn't help with the VOBs, we can tweak it further then.

JonL
09-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Hi Dennis,

I just sent the email.

Please, would the ISO streaming functionality be too far away in the future?

Paul
09-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi,

Yes, we received your e-mail and I'll send a reply shortly.

Regarding ISO - the current issue is that FFmpeg does not support transcoding (or even just reading) ISO files, so even if Mezzmo supported reading ISO files, we couldn't deliver them to 90% of devices which don't support ISO files natively. There are ways around this as well, which are being considered, but frankly I don't think ISO support is coming in the next couple of months for sure. Maybe sometime after that...

rgwatson
07-22-2011, 06:45 AM
If Mezzmo is unable to support ISO images (which is fine), do you know when you will be able to support the play of multiple VOB files? I need a simple to use mechanism for my kids to find ripped DVDs in my DVD library.

Paul
07-22-2011, 08:44 AM
It's on our development to-do list, but I don't have an ETA on when it'll be implemented. I can only say that it will be done one day...

jeffreybc55
07-22-2011, 08:48 AM
It's on our development to-do list, but I don't have an ETA on when it'll be implemented. I can only say that it will be done one day...

Hope this isn't a priority either.....there are plenty of tools out there to convert ISO to anything you want.....

Paul
07-22-2011, 08:50 AM
I was talking about playing DVD's VOBs as a single movie in this case. ISO is a completely different issue.