PDA

View Full Version : Transcoding Files BEFORE Streaming To TV

bewsy
09-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Hello,

I apologize if this issue has already been discussed, as I haven't gone through all the topics.

I am currently streaming from my PC and find that the first time that I attempt to view a .mkv file, the TV reports that it doesn't support the stream. If I wait for a few minutes (until ffmpeg has stopped running) and try to watch the video again, then it usually works.

Is there any way to initiate the transcoding from the GUI rather than waiting for the first attempt to view the video?

Thanks for any and all assistance,

bewsy.

Paul
09-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Hello,

This is a planned feature for a future version of Mezzmo - you'll be able to pre-transcode files in advance so that they're ready to watch when you are.

bewsy
09-16-2010, 08:40 PM
That's great. Thanks. Just a second question, and I think I know the answer, but are future releases freely available to those how have purchased the software?

Thanks again.

Paul
09-17-2010, 08:10 AM
All minor updates and bug fixes are free to all registered users. We do reserve the right to charge for major new version updates, but having said that, we have never yet charged our users for any major new version updates, and we don't have any plans to. If you have any concerns, let us know.