PDA

View Full Version : Better tablet for streaming rather than Kindle fire?

runf
04-29-2014, 01:53 PM
I had great help getting the Kindle Fire to work decently, but I'm wondering if a Nexus 7 perhaps would be better. By better I mean that it would require less transcoding.
After all, everything I play even on my Nexus 4 phone streams great without transcoding but the Kindle needs help. My only problem with transcoding is that it seems I can't FF while watching which makes sense. Also not too interested in pre transcoding since I don't think that far ahead. Sometimes I just want to browse through films.
TIA

Paul
04-30-2014, 09:30 AM
Nexus 7 is a great Android tablet and many Mezzmo users happily stream to them. Format support, etc. does depend on the app that you are using to play your videos, music, etc. on your tablet. For videos, probably the most popular app at the moment is MX Video Player. It supports many popular video formats. It does not support DLNA so you need to get another app to browse your Mezzmo library. You can use BubbleUPnP app for this - or you can wait a few weeks and use our brand new Mezzmo Android app. This works well with your Mezzmo library and allow you to stream videos, music and photos to all your devices in your home - including your tablet.

runf
04-30-2014, 12:33 PM
Nexus 7 is a great Android tablet and many Mezzmo users happily stream to them. Format support, etc. does depend on the app that you are using to play your videos, music, etc. on your tablet. For videos, probably the most popular app at the moment is MX Video Player. It supports many popular video formats. It does not support DLNA so you need to get another app to browse your Mezzmo library. You can use BubbleUPnP app for this - or you can wait a few weeks and use our brand new Mezzmo Android app. This works well with your Mezzmo library and allow you to stream videos, music and photos to all your devices in your home - including your tablet.

Thanks. I'll be looking forward to the app!

Dion
04-30-2014, 04:42 PM
I use a 2013 Nexus 7 to stream from Mezzmo. I use Archos Video Player with Microsoft Windows Media Player Profile. And it works great.