PDA

View Full Version : Metadata inc. MPAA - Control where its shown?

Roofus
05-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Hi, this is probably more a question for how 4.0 will work but its the same problem for other metadata fields.

I am using a mix of devices including XBMC on android TV stick, and ipad and on those I can see far more metadata (although still quite limited) but my Panasonic TV is very limited (i.e. just the name).

I name my movies "film name (12A).avi" etc but want Mezzmo to find all metadata but the name I can take from file, but my TV shows are more random and I like the way the metadata gets the series and episode numbers now in the name (especially as XBMC insisted on sorting the files).

Without manually going into every movie and adding back the MPAA rating how would I be best to set up the option, if any. Is there or will there be a similar option for TV series and how they are shown for movies such as MPAA rating, year, name etc.

The reason for this is simple, my wife uses the "Recently Added" the most on the TV but complains she has no idea what the film is about, hey I say, I have put xbmc on your ipad you can see all the same films there plus rating, type of file, description etc. Great she says, but whats what age is it (MPAA).

Any help would be great, I'm annoyed I missed the beta, sorry if this is all covered in 4.0. I have now worked out how to subscribe to announcements.

Paul
05-03-2014, 09:19 AM
The upcoming Mezzmo v4.0 will cover your needs. Firstly it collects the content ratings for your files and stores them with your files in your Mezzmo library. Next, we have introduced Display titles so that you can customize the way that the titles of your files are displayed in Mezzmo and on your devices. There are special keywords such as %TITLE%, %CONTENTRATING%, %SERIES%, %SEASON%, %EPISODE%, %PLAYCOUNT%, %FILENAME%, etc. So you can create a Display title for your movies like "%TITLE (%CONTENTRATING%)" and this will list titles as you are after - e.g. "Inception (PG-13)".

In addition, our new Mezzmo Android app will let you see all metadata for your files in your Mezzmo library. This really helps finding out what the movie is about before playing it.