PDA

View Full Version : Best media player with Mezzmo?

smetaxas
05-09-2014, 05:58 AM
Isa there a media player that will also show the movie information (description) that works well with Mezzmo? I am currently using an LG BD670 bluray player to stream mkv files to my projector & the movie artwork shows up fine. I get a lot of "unsupported file" messages, way more than when I used to use the WDTV. Would love to be able to access the movie descriptions as the collection has gotten rather large.

The ability to play Netflix would also be a deciding factor.

Paul
05-09-2014, 08:48 AM
There are not many DLNA devices that display full metadata such as description, etc. It has been discussed on another thread - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6675-To-all-Mezzmo-users-Which-devices-show-movie-description

If you own an Android tablet or smartphone, then I recommend you wait a week or so to try our new Mezzmo Android app - which we are just preparing for release now. After installing it on your tablet or smartphone, it will let you connect to your Mezzmo server running on your PC and browse your Mezzmo library. You can see full details about your files (such as title, description, poster artwork, backdrops, content rating, actors, directors, user ratings, etc.) and then you can push (play) them to your DLNA devices in your home. It like a remote control on your tablet / smartphone.