PDA

View Full Version : Playback not working LG LE5500

The Storm
09-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to get Mezzmo DLNA server to work with my TV but with no success. Currently I have completely disabled the transcoding and tried to play files that the TV actually support but no luck. In this case .mkv file with h264 video and AC3 sound. When I play this file via a flash memory attached to the TV there is no problems but when I try via DLNA it start loading and loading and loading... and then it says that there is a problem with the connection. I guess if I get this issue fixed the transcoding will work fine too.

I'm using Mezzmo trial version 2.1.9.0.
I have prepared log files but zipped attachment is still too big for the forum. I tried 7Zip but the forum says that 7z files are not supported, so tell me where I can send you the logs?

EDIT: I just saw your support email and I have sent the logs there with a link to this topic.

Paul
09-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the logs - I'll get back to you via e-mail.

Tiwiliger
09-20-2010, 06:58 PM
I too am having issues with Mezzmo and my LG LE5500 tv. It will not display any of my movies, and any tv shows I try to stream results in a disconnect. Streams to my PS3 just fine though. Is there a simple fix or do I have to obtain a modified profile of some kind?

On a side note, is it possible to rearrange the order of how the playlists are displayed i.e. I added two folders to the list of default playlists but would like those to be listed first, I've resorted to placing the default playlists in another playlist itself to have my two folders being listed first.

Cheers

Paul
09-21-2010, 08:41 AM
We're working on getting the LG TVs up and running - please send a message to support so that we could send you a patch to try.

Regarding order of items in a playlist - smart playlists have a setting to specify their order, active and normal playlists are ordered alphabetically, folders on disk are currently unordered (e.g. they come in whatever the order your files on disk are), but we're looking into sorting those as well. What types of playlists did you create?

Tiwiliger
09-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Dennis, much appreciated.

Have contacted support and waiting for a reply, would be really great if the fix works as its a great product but this issue has been the only problem stopping me from buying the full version.

The playlist was just a general playlist to place the default music, photos and videos playlists within to allow my two folders from hard drive to come up first in the library list. Was just wondering if there was a way to alter the order that the library items are listed, not within the folders themselves.

One more issue. Is there a way to speed up how my devices are detected when I turn them on. Sometimes it takes a decent amount of time before my 2 PS3's are recognized and find myself having to stop and start the server to get a connection up quicker. Other users in my household arent that tech oriented / patient and are always complaining about how the icon doesnt come up straight after they turn it on (I showed them how to access the movies and they just expect the Mezzmo icon to be there when they turn it on). Does having both Mezzmo application and the media server running make a difference or is just the server needed?

Regards

Paul
09-21-2010, 04:36 PM
I'll get back to you via e-mail regarding the TV.

We do have plans to add ordering of playlists in a future Mezzmo version, but at the moment there's no way to do that, sorry.

The devices are usually picked up straight away. Can you please turn off your PS3s, then enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging), restart the server and after that turn on the PS3 - if Mezzmo doesn't appear on the PS3 within 1-2 minutes, please stop the server and send the logs to support e-mail as well.

The Storm
09-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi again,

I'm unable to send the network dump you requested via the email. The google delivery system says that it can't deliver the message. The attached file is ~20MB, perhaps your email can't get such big attachment? Please tell me what is the maximum in order to try to cut the log in a way you can get it.

Paul
09-25-2010, 07:04 PM
20MB is too large to send via email. Try this: In Mezzmo, go to the Options dialog and clear your log files. Then repeat your test trying to connect and stream one of the problem files. After it fails, stop your Mezzmo server and then zip up the log files and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. They should be much smaller now (<5MB).

The Storm
09-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the info but Dennis requested Wireshark dump of the network packages transmitted between the TV and the computer, because Mezzmo is not working for me but other DLNA server works(I will not mention it's name here) and in order to get Mezzmo working for me Dennis wants to see network dump between the working DLNA server and my TV. The first dump I created was less than 10 seconds playing and the file became 25MB(zipped 21MB) but it seems it is too much for your support email. Now I tried to create new dump. I played the movie for 3 seconds maybe less and the dump became 20MB(zipped 16MB) and I guess that again it is too much for the email to handle, so please tell me where I can upload the dump in a way you can get it. :)

Paul
09-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Hi,

Please upload it to www.megaupload.com (for example) and I'll grab it from there. Thanks!

Edit: Scratch that - I see you've already sent them in. I'll investigate and get back to you via e-mail.

stwrtinfo
03-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Im having the same problem. I see that this thread is old, so Im hoping there is a fix for this. I was actually ready to purchase the full version from reading all the good reviews, but Im unable to get this to work.

My problem is that the screen is stuck on loading and then tv displays device disconnected. I have a lot of avi files but also some mkv and mpeg4. Nothing is working

I have uninstalled, re downloaded etc and nothing is working. I have it installed on windows home server 2008 v2.

Paul
03-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Can you please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try to play one of the files again and once it fails, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com - we'll investigate and see what the problem is. Also, as a quick test, please try a "Samsung C" device profile and see if that works on your TV (but for the purpose of logging please use the "LG TV" profile).

Talarari
04-21-2011, 06:31 AM
Hello,

I can see that this is an old thread but the problem still exists.

I have an LG LE5500 and it sees the mezzmo server but when i try to play a video (even a supproted one) it just shows a black screen and then disconnects after a few seconds.

I would really like to be able to use mezzmo as my media server so i could play mkv over DLNA and use srt subtitles over DLNA.

PLEASE HELP
Thanks, Tal

Paul
04-21-2011, 08:40 AM
We have an updated device profile for the LG TVs that seems to work better and it'll be part of the 2.3.1 update due out shortly. I'd recommend trying that update once it's out and we can continue to tweak and fix things further based on that.