PDA

View Full Version : Enhacements for playlists such as Last Played

badbob001
09-19-2010, 03:25 AM
If mezzmo tracked when each item was last played, we can create smart playlists that:
Show the last 10 videos that were played (kids always want to watch the same thing a few times)
Show what videos have not been viewed (would be enhanced with random sort feature: see below)

Also, add a option to sort a playlist randomly and you can have it reshuffle every time the library is maintained. If you want to limit this to smart/active playlists, then to recreate the same effect, add an option for smart/active playlists to limit its pool to a particular folder/subfolder.

Flatten folder playlist option so all files from subfolders appear in the root.

My Samsung LN52B750 TV will automatically play the next media in the same folder. This is annoying and I rather have an option to have it stop after each one. I don't know if this is a client or server feature, but can this be solved on the server-side? Perhaps add an option to playlist prevent continuous playback?

Paul
09-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Thank you for the suggestions.

Last played feature is on our development to-do list and it'll find it's way into the next major update, hopefully.

Re-sorting a playlist randomly is a neat idea and I'll add that for future development as well.

You can create a smart playlist to have a flat structure with all the files matching a certain criteria in one playlist. Another option (if we're talking about Active playlists) is to uncheck the "Deliver only folders in root" from the Media Server Settings dialog - that will deliver files as well then.

Regarding playing next media automatically - the TV does that and there's no way we can prevent it. There has to be a setting on the TV to change that - I know there's such a setting on our C-series here, for example.

krisku
10-23-2010, 03:16 AM
Thank you for the suggestions.

Last played feature is on our development to-do list and it'll find it's way into the next major update, hopefully.

In Mezzmo I have columns named "Play Count" and "Last Played", but these are always empty. Have you implemented that feature and it is not working properly for me, or is the implementation still missing?

Paul
10-25-2010, 07:30 AM
No, it's not implemented yet, but should be with the next major update. Once it's active, then this will work.

xboxboy73
01-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Dennis There have been a few updates since this was posted?? When will theplay count start working???

Paul
01-04-2011, 01:37 PM
It should be available with the next major update - scheduled in the Q1 of 2011. Basically it should appear at the same time as we introduce server feedback into the GUI.

hartlenb
01-10-2011, 08:16 AM
It should be available with the next major update - scheduled in the Q1 of 2011. Basically it should appear at the same time as we introduce server feedback into the GUI.

Great news!

hartlenb
03-22-2011, 02:41 AM
It should be available with the next major update - scheduled in the Q1 of 2011. Basically it should appear at the same time as we introduce server feedback into the GUI.Are last played and played count updates still in the works?

Paul
03-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Yes, unfortunately this has been delayed a bit, but they're in the development queue.

Paul
07-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Just to let you know - Mezzmo v2.4 has just been released. It includes the "Play Count" attribute for files that is auto-incremented whenever Mezzmo streams a file. You can use play count in your smart playlists to list files last played, never played, etc. View or change the play count for a file using the Properties dialog in Mezzmo. Full release notes are at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/whatsnew.asp

HPP8140
08-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Thank you for implementing play count. My smart playlist is not updating automatically for recently added media. I understand that If I add a new video file to a folder within my library...the smart playlist will also be updated to show that new file, but it's not updating automatically. I have to use the maintain library function to update the smart playlist. Is that the intended behavior?

Paul
08-08-2011, 09:13 AM
If you add a file to a folder, you have to access that folder (either through Mezzmo GUI or on your device) for the file to be picked up and added to the library. Maintenance does the same of course. If you haven't accessed it (or maintained it), then the file is not added and thus doesn't appear in smart playlists.

HPP8140
08-08-2011, 10:47 AM
I see...thought mezzmo watches the pc folders for additions/deletions and automatically updates the library/playlists accordingly. So one could have files downloading to folders on the mezzmo pc and those would show up on the smart playlist when accessed on the dlna device. If one has to access the folder first for the files to be picked up, then smart playlists don't seem to be that useful @ the moment. well keep up the good work on this..works well playing vids on my samsung tv.

Paul
08-08-2011, 10:49 AM
At the moment Mezzmo doesn't watch them automatically, but that's an option that we'll add in the future.