PDA

View Full Version : Fast-forward Limited to 4x?

tooly
05-20-2014, 12:27 PM
Hi guys,

Just recently moved over to Mezzmo (from the nightmare that is WMP DLNA.) Things seem to be going well.

One hiccup though - my Pioneer BD-150 cannot seem to fast forward any faster than 4x when connected to Mezzmo. When it was on WMP DLNA, I think it could go all the way to 32x. They are playing the same file, and using the same hardware.

How do I fix this? I doubt it is a Mezzmo limitation as I have seen mention of fast forwarding at 8x etc. on Mezzmo. Thanks.

Paul
05-20-2014, 12:37 PM
There's no limit in Mezzmo regarding fast forward speeds. The restriction will most likely be coming from your device's firmware or your home network's available bandwidth.

Let us know the device profile you are using for your device (go to the Media Devices dialog to see this). Also, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Post that information here or email it to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. This may tell us the reason for the 4x limitation.

tooly
05-20-2014, 02:01 PM
I am using Pioneer BDP media device profile, which is the closest match I could find to the model number. Mezzmo originally used the Pioneer VSX profile.

I thought it was unlikely to be a Mezzmo restriction, but it also certainly isn't the BD-150's restriction in itself as it happily goes to 32x with WMP. Bandwidth is 1Gbps Ethernet LAN.

I didn't see anything that jumped out with FFMpeg info (e.g. excessively high bitrate) but I've emailed it to support. Thanks.

Paul
05-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Understand - we'll reply via email shortly.