PDA

View Full Version : Playlist publishing ?

jbinkley60
05-22-2014, 10:17 AM
How do you create a playlist in Mezzmo that will show up as a playlist on a DLNA client ? I've tried active, smart and linked playlists. What I want are DLNA clients such as WMP and the Mezzmo Android beta client to show a Mezzmo published playlist when I click on the playlist option. No matter what I do nothing shows up on either under playlists. I've never been able to get this function working so I tried every option I could think of tonight to no avail. I've been testing with Mezzmo 3.4.4 not the 4.0 beta.

Paul
05-22-2014, 10:36 AM
Your Mezzmo library is made up of playlists (Music, Video, Photos, All Video Files, Last 50 Played, Recently Added, etc.) so if you can see these on your DLNA clients, you are seeing playlists. WMP is a poor (non-standard) DLNA client and hard-codes the way it lists files and playlists. It also has poor file format support. I'd suggest using a DLNA client for your PC such as XBMC instead of WMP. Mezzmo Android app should list all your playlists and folders though, so I am surprised that you are not seeing them. I fyou see the playlist in Mezzmo Windows app, then you should also see it in Mezzmo Android app in the same location.

jbinkley60
05-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Your Mezzmo library is made up of playlists (Music, Video, Photos, All Video Files, Last 50 Played, Recently Added, etc.) so if you can see these on your DLNA clients, you are seeing playlists. WMP is a poor (non-standard) DLNA client and hard-codes the way it lists files and playlists. It also has poor file format support. I'd suggest using a DLNA client for your PC such as XBMC instead of WMP. Mezzmo Android app should list all your playlists and folders though, so I am surprised that you are not seeing them. I fyou see the playlist in Mezzmo Windows app, then you should also see it in Mezzmo Android app in the same location.

Paul,

Thanks. I understand how Mezzmo does playlists. My goal here is a Windows based DMC vs. the DMR functionality. I have Smart playlists on Mezzmo for music. From a Windows PC I want to be able to select the playlist and then do a Play To my Yamaha receiver. I don't want to create a local playlist in WMP on the PC to manage, since they already exist on the Mezzmo server. I can do this with the Android app as the playlists show up under the folder structure where I created them. What I was wondering on the Android beta is how you actually get something to show up under the Playlist tab ? With WMP I was hoping that I could have WMP see the playlists on Mezzmo and then be able to do a Play To function to queue music. I see WMP saying it is contacting the Mezzmo server but it never bring anything back so as you say, it must be looking for something specific. I found an app called Foobar2000 which may do what I want. I'll do some testing.

Paul
05-23-2014, 08:28 AM
On Mezzmo Android, you can touch and hold a playlist under MEDIA mode and then choose to queue all the files in that playlist. They will be transferred to PLAYLIST mode. Under PLAYLIST mode, select a file and it will be played on your selected device. After that file has been played, the next one will be played (assuming you have Repeat turned on). You can also turn on Shuffle in PLAYLIST mode, and the files will be played in a random order.