PDA

View Full Version : 4K Support ?

jbinkley60
05-27-2014, 06:24 AM
I know you're heads down finishing up version 4 but what's the official word for future 4K support ? Samsung has just released their hardware and software that supports most codec at 4K. I expect we'll see a lot more on 4K in 2014. Just wondering what the future Mezzmo plans are for supporting 4K.

Paul
05-27-2014, 06:37 AM
We have added 4K support into Mezzmo v4.0 :).

As new TV models are released with 4K features, we'll create new device profiles to match their new capabilities. So, if any user has just purchased a 4K compatible TV, then email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a matching device profile.

ftanner
05-28-2014, 01:26 AM
We have added 4K support into Mezzmo v4.0 :).

As new TV models are released with 4K features, we'll create new device profiles to match their new capabilities. So, if any user has just purchased a 4K compatible TV, then email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a matching device profile.

Have you guys though about having some sort of "online database" for device profiles so that in between product updates, people can download the latest and greatest profiles?

Paul
05-28-2014, 08:14 AM
This has been requested by a few users and we may have something like this in the future. We do like to keep control of device profiles, since they often change across different versions of Mezzmo - i.e. using a device profile that does not match your Mezzmo version can produce rubbish results and that is not good for users or give a good impression of Mezzmo. This major version (v4.0) has taken longer than expected, so hopefully we'll get back to shorter release intervals so that all users will have the latest device profiles without having to wait so long.