PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo & multiple IP's

ChrisS
06-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Hi Everybody,

installed Mezzmo yesterday on my Windows Server 2012 R2, works perfectly. Thanks for this nice piece of Software, was worth every buck.

One question, for which I couldn't find any answers:

My Server is configured for 3 different IP's within in the same subnet. Has to do with other Services running on the machine, port conflicts and needed remote access (portforwarding from firewall).

After starting Mezzmo I figured out, that it listens on all 3 IP's. My Device (IPhone with 8Player) showed Mezzmo 3 times in the list of available Servers, which might be a little bit confusing for users. Is there a way to bind Mezzmo to a specific IP (e.g. through registry hack, configuration file) ?

Otherwise I could alter the firewall rules to let Mezzmo listen only on the desired IP. Would this have any effect on the service?

Thanks & kind regards

Chris

Edit: Found the MezzmoMediaServer.ini. "UseOnlyIPs=0"? Am I right if I change this to my desired IP?

Paul
06-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Hi Chris,

You can choose which network adaptors that your devices communicate with Mezzmo server. Go to the Media Devices dialog and edit your device. On the Device Settings dialog, change the network adaptor from 'Automatic' to the network adaptor you prefer. Now you should only see one Mezzmo server listed on that device.

ChrisS
06-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Hi Paul,

thanks for the quick response and the hint, now it works :cool:

Regards

Chris

Paul
06-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Glad you are up and running now, Chris. Hope you enjoy streaming with Mezzmo.