PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the new Mezzmo app on my Kindle?

runf
06-03-2014, 05:53 PM
I've got it (the trial version) on my Nexus 4 but it's not showing up in the Kindle store.

Paul
06-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Sorry, I don't have a Kindle handy but a quick read on the web suggests you will need be able to access the 'Google Play' app on your Kindle. I suggest you do a quick search on the web about this - e.g. "kindle google play" - and that will explain what you need to do.

smitbret
06-03-2014, 10:07 PM
I've got it (the trial version) on my Nexus 4 but it's not showing up in the Kindle store.

You'll need to sideload it since Amazon won't let the Kindle Fire access Google Play.

Just Google "sideload to Kindle Fire"

You'll still need to purchase it through Google Play, though.

Coises
06-04-2014, 05:16 AM
Paul,

I was looking forward to trying the Mezzmo app on Kindle, but this doesn’t sound promising.

As far as I know, there is no way to access the Google Play store unless you have an Android device which is registered with the store. Kindles cannot be registered (I believe that’s true even if they have been rooted), so folks like me who have no “regular” Android device cannot access Google Play at all.

Normally, if an app is not in the Amazon Kindle store (and I have no idea what hurdles a developer must pass to get one there), we sideload it by downloading the apk file from the web (using any computer that can download files), then copying the file to the Kindle. But it sounds like you might be using the Google Play store to monetize this application. Unless there is some way you can make the apk file available to registered users without going through Google Play, Kindle-only users are probably out of luck.

Then again, if it’s never been tested on Kindle, it might not work anyway.

smitbret
06-04-2014, 08:40 AM
I bought the full version for my BlackBerry Z10 and put the trial version on my Kindle Fire. Everything seems to work very, very well so far on both but I haven't dug into them too deep.

You don't have to have another Android device to get apps from Google Play. You can install Chrome on your PC and there is a download extension called apk Downloader that will let you download the. apk to your PC. I just stuck it in a shared folder and installed it from the ES File Manager on the Kindle Fire. I was actually very surprised at how quick and fluid it was on both my devices relative to how laggy Bubble UPNP has been.

http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

Paul
06-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Excellent information, smitbret. Many thanks for posting this!

If Kindle users have any problems with Mezzmo Android, please do let us know.

Coises
06-04-2014, 10:02 AM
According to the APK Downloader Chrome extension Guide on the page to which you linked, the extension requires a Google Services Framework Android Device ID. Presumably (based on the red warning, “Do not type in random email or device ID, it won't work”) these have to be a real GSF ID and corresponding e-mail registered with Google Play. If one does not have any Android device other than a Kindle, how might one get such an ID/e-mail pair?

Also, the FAQ on that page claims that paid apps can’t be downloaded. I gather the free version is just a trial, so that would be of no use.

How did you access the paid version for your BlackBerry? (There’s no Google Play for BlackBerry, is there?)

smitbret
06-04-2014, 10:37 AM
According to the APK Downloader Chrome extension Guide on the page to which you linked, the extension requires a Google Services Framework Android Device ID. Presumably (based on the red warning, “Do not type in random email or device ID, it won't work”) these have to be a real GSF ID and corresponding e-mail registered with Google Play. If one does not have any Android device other than a Kindle, how might one get such an ID/e-mail pair?

Also, the FAQ on that page claims that paid apps can’t be downloaded. I gather the free version is just a trial, so that would be of no use.

How did you access the paid version for your BlackBerry? (There’s no Google Play for BlackBerry, is there?)

If you have a Blackberry device that is OS Version 10.2.1 or higher it will run most Android apps, including Mezzmo. SNAP! is a sideloadable app that is just a front end App Store for GooglePlay to run on Blackberry devices.

If it's a paid app, you just log into GooglePlay and purchase the app on your PC, then when you jump into SNAP! it will download and install like any other app.

I forgot about the Google ID, thing. The best way I have found to get around that is with a PC program called Bluestacks. It's an emulator that let's you run Android .apk files on your PC. If you install and register it, you will get a valid Google ID. Then you can just download the .apk file using Chrome and .apk downloader.

I know, it's getting kind of complicated.... curse you Amazon. I can verify that I was able to push play a couple of movies to my WDTV Live Hub using the Kindle Fire as well as playback locally. I can't find anything wrong with the way it runs on the Kindle Fire.

....except.... when I push the movie to the WDTV Live from the Kindle Fire, I can't use the regular remote control to control playback. It has to be done with the Kindle Fire. It's as if the regular remote has been disabled. Is this normal?

Paul
06-04-2014, 10:45 AM
....except.... when I push the movie to the WDTV Live from the Kindle Fire, I can't use the regular remote control to control playback. It has to be done with the Kindle Fire. It's as if the regular remote has been disabled. Is this normal?

This is normal / expected behaviour for WD TV Live media players.

runf
06-06-2014, 05:33 PM
I already had the Mezzmo app demo on my Nexus 4. I finally got the .apk on my Kindle and installed the demo. The program "APK download" on my Nexus 4 would not take my Google PW. Strange.
The other method using "app backup" on my Nexus didn't work at first either. It wants to see a storage card and I don't have one. Instead it saves to some other location on the phone which I could not find. If you go to the
"archives" tab, you will see it (Mezzmo and the apk). Long press and use the option to email it to yourself. I emailed it to my computer, then to the Kindle via USB. What a pain!
It seems very good so far. Fast!

Paul
06-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Well done on finally getting Mezzmo Android on your Kindle! Hope you enjoy using it :)

runf
06-21-2014, 02:41 PM
I just did the Bluestacks/apk downloader thing on my PC. I set up a new account via Bluestacks (I already have an account for my phone). Paid for and downloaded another copy of Mezzmo app. Got apk downloader for the PC (horrible crap-ware minefield!) and it installed as a Chrome extension. I used apk on my phone, but I'm not understanding how to use it on the pc. I think it said that it would deploy when it got to a page that it could be used on. But on the Bluestack "page" nothing really seems to happen. It's not really a page anyway, it's more like they've got their own little browser. I'm clearly out of my league here. Can anyone help?

smitbret
06-22-2014, 02:02 PM
I just did the Bluestacks/apk downloader thing on my PC. I set up a new account via Bluestacks (I already have an account for my phone). Paid for and downloaded another copy of Mezzmo app. Got apk downloader for the PC (horrible crap-ware minefield!) and it installed as a Chrome extension. I used apk on my phone, but I'm not understanding how to use it on the pc. I think it said that it would deploy when it got to a page that it could be used on. But on the Bluestack "page" nothing really seems to happen. It's not really a page anyway, it's more like they've got their own little browser. I'm clearly out of my league here. Can anyone help?

You won't actually use Bluestacks for anything other than getting a Google ID that allows you to download the .apk so that it can be sideloaded to your Kindle Fire. I suppose you could run it through Bluestacks and use the app on your PC. Bluestacks is just an android emulator.

runf
06-25-2014, 12:56 PM
I gotta say, I have done my share of non-traditional installs, and this is by far the most arcane yet.
I just now wound up on a page directing me to dial a phone # for some code, I guess. This is while trying to figure out the apk downloader extension in chrome.

Coises
07-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Considering this:

please ensure that you have logged in on the android device using the same Google account that was used to purchase the app, Mezzmo android uses this account when the app runs to verify the license details.
and all the gymnastics described in this thread, has anyone actually gotten the paid version of Mezzmo (not just the 15-day trial) to run on a Kindle? (There is no “Google account” with which one logs in on a Kindle.)

runf
07-01-2014, 01:15 PM
I have not gotten the paid version to work on my Kindle. I'm back to using bubbleupnp.

Paul
07-01-2014, 04:22 PM
We're currently looking at getting Mezzmo Android listed on Amazon's AppStore. We'll keep you posted.

Paul
08-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Update: If you own a Kindle Fire tablet, you can now download and install our Mezzmo Android app onto your Kindle Fire. Simply search for "Mezzmo" in Amazon App Store on your Kindle Fire to find the Mezzmo app listings.

http://www.conceiva.com/images/AmazonAppStore.png (http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/dl/android?s=Conceiva%20Pty.%20Ltd.)

samjones
12-15-2015, 11:06 PM
Paul,

I was looking forward to trying the Mezzmo app on Kindle, but this doesn’t sound promising.

As far as I know, there is no way to access the Google Play store unless you have an Android device which is registered with the store. Kindles cannot be registered (I believe that’s true even if they have been rooted), so folks like me who have no “regular” Android device cannot access Google Play at all.

Normally, if an app is not in the Amazon Kindle store (and I have no idea what hurdles a developer must pass to get one there), we sideload it by downloading the apk file from the web (using any computer that can download files), then copying the file to the Kindle. But it sounds like you might be using the Google Play store to monetize this application. Unless there is some way you can make the apk file available to registered users without going through Google Play, Kindle-only users are probably out of luck.

Other places where you could find mezzmo app apks

http://www.apkmonk.com/download-mezzmo-trial-1-1-7-apk/
https://apkpure.com/mezzmo-trial/conceiva.mezzmo

I regularly uses these sites for downloading apks

swest
01-23-2016, 08:24 AM
Update: If you own a Kindle Fire tablet, you can now download and install our Mezzmo Android app onto your Kindle Fire. Simply search for "Mezzmo" in Amazon App Store on your Kindle Fire to find the Mezzmo app listings.

http://www.conceiva.com/images/AmazonAppStore.png (http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/dl/android?s=Conceiva%20Pty.%20Ltd.)

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm wondering about this. Yes, I found the Mezzmo (Trial) App in the Amazon App Store and it is shown to be compatible with my Kindle Fire. However, the Paid version of Mezzmo is only shown to be compatible with my Galaxy S6.

?? The trial version is compatible with the Fire, but the paid version is not?

What do I do? The trial version works Really Well (!!) on the Fire, but I want it to last more than 15 days.

Thanks.

- s.west

swest
01-23-2016, 08:27 AM
p.s. I have the plain Kindle Fire 7" Display (2015 version), not a Fire HD.

Paul
01-23-2016, 11:25 AM
Thanks for letting us know. We'll check it out and report back.

riya2021
02-12-2021, 08:14 PM
I already had the Mezzmo app demo on my Nexus 4. I finally got the .apk on my Kindle and installed the demo. The program "APK download" on my Nexus 4 would not take my Google PW. Strange.
The other method using "app backup" on my Nexus didn't work at first either. It wants to see a storage card and I don't have one. Instead it saves to some other location on the phone which I could not find. If you go to the
"archives" tab, you will see it (Mezzmo and the apk). Long press and use the option to email it to yourself. I emailed it to my computer, then to the Kindle via USB. (https://gbplus.net/download-fmwhatsapp-apk/) What a pain!
It seems very good so far. Fast!
I have installed it.

Jeffsims
03-02-2021, 07:18 PM
I have installed it. (https://gbapps.net)

Hi, riya could you please share more detail on how did you install it on kindle fire because I am also trying to install it and I am having issue in installing the Mezzmo App. Thank in advanced

DaveyDee
04-23-2023, 02:26 AM
I managed to get both versions loaded on my FireHD 10, however, I cannot get either to even recognise that I have a mezzmo server on my intranet...

Peter
04-24-2023, 09:01 AM
Please check the IP address of the devices against the IP address of the server to make sure they are in the same subnet. You can add the server manually in the app from the + in the server list using the ip address of the server.

DaveyDee
04-28-2023, 03:38 AM
Did that, all my devices are DHCP assigned apart from my servers, but all exist in the same subnet. That is why I am baffled that it does not detect the server, or even accept there is a server there when I use the + and manually load the server details.

My Fire TV and Firesticks all recognise and access the server ok, it is only the FireHD 10 that won't!

Peter
05-01-2023, 09:02 AM
Are you able to see the server from the FireHD 10 using a different media player app such as VLC?

DaveyDee
05-08-2023, 01:54 AM
Paul,

The website clearly shows that Mezzmo is available for download from Amazon Apps. That is where I got mine from, I just did a search on my Amazon Fire 10 HD, mind you the fact that I can't get it to connect to my Mezzmo Pro Server could indicate that all is not necessarily well!

DaveyDee
05-08-2023, 01:57 AM
Yes, and my Samsung TV's using the Samsung Mezzmo app, and from my browsers on various other PC's and tablets, the Mezzmo android app even works on my phone, just not on my Fire10 HD

Peter
05-15-2023, 09:14 AM
Mezzmo does not have iOS support but there are several apps that will work with Mezzmo on iOS such as infuse