PDA

View Full Version : Playlist showing duplicates.

scottier
06-04-2014, 11:53 AM
So I tried to create a simple playlist of Actors and Actress's sorted by first letter. i applied the smart filter so nothing from TV Shows would populate. See Pic

However see this pic for results. The playlist is working correctly but showing the sort by first letter twice with the same results. I deleted and recreated the playlist a couple of times but with the same results. :confused: Any ideas?

Paul
06-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Try this: Right-click on the active playlist and click Properties. Then click OK to close the Active Playlist Properties dialog. This tells Mezzmo to process the active playlist in the background (including removing non-matching/duplicate sub-playlists). Wait a few minutes and check if the duplicates start disappearing. If no success, then exit Mezzmo and start it again. Do the duplicates still get listed? Let us know how you go.

scottier
06-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Well its been processing the playlist ever since I made it about 8 hours ago. Looks like mezzmo is still processing some other things as well but I still have duplicate results. Is there some kind of playlist limit as well? You can see from this screenshot that it seemed to stop sorting at "J".

Paul
06-04-2014, 02:20 PM
When you see 'Processing active playlists: xx remaining' then Mezzmo is still processing your active playlists. Wait until this has completed and then see if your playlists are correct. If still not correct, then exit Mezzmo app and start it again. If still not correct, right-click on the 'broken' active playlist and click Properties. Click OK to close the Properties dialog. This should self-correct the active playlist (it may take many minutes depending on how many files you have). If still not correct after (say) 1 hour, then let us know since there may be something wrong.

There are no playlist limits in Mezzmo.

scottier
06-05-2014, 04:27 AM
Well it was painfully slow but after running 24 hours the playlist cleaned itself up and the duplicates are gone. Issue gone.

Paul
06-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Glad that (finally) worked. Thanks for the confirmation.