PDA

View Full Version : v4 Bug

ftanner
06-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Moving the database from one location to another nuked the entire database and removed all of my libraries. Not good. It's all reset back to zero.

ftanner
06-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Even my media devices got nuked.

ftanner
06-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Screen shots of the appropriate areas (the database folder is the new one I moved it to).

Paul
06-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Sorry for the problems. Is the folder listed correctly in the Options dialog (General page)?

It's best we see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and exit Mezzmo. Start Mezzmo again and wait until it launches. Then exit Mezzmo again. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

ftanner
06-05-2014, 02:01 AM
Sorry for the problems. Is the folder listed correctly in the Options dialog (General page)?

It's best we see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and exit Mezzmo. Start Mezzmo again and wait until it launches. Then exit Mezzmo again. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Yes, that's what I used to move the database, was the Options dialog. I will be unable to test it tonight, so my streaming will be offline for the night, that's what I get for upgrading as soon as it came out, but I will turn on logging and try it Thur night.

Apparently this functionality wasn't tested by the beta testers.

Paul
06-05-2014, 02:59 PM
This feature has been extensively tested during the Beta testing period. Several issues were reported and fixed and confirmed to be working. However, that does not help your situation - so please email us the logs and we'll look into it immediately so we get you back up and running ASAP.

ftanner
06-06-2014, 10:28 AM

E-Mail Sent

Paul
06-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Thanks - after we get your logs, we'll analyze them and report back via email.

ftanner
06-11-2014, 01:44 AM
Any update on this yet?

I am holding off on upgrading to 4.0.2 just in case this will cause issues.

Paul
06-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Just fixing it now. We will post back here when completed.

ftanner
06-14-2014, 10:06 AM

So, I looked at the changelog for 4.0.3.... Apparently you *STILL* haven't fixed my issue. I have now gone without Mezzmo for a week due to your bug.

Where are we at on this?????

Paul
06-14-2014, 10:12 AM
Sorry about that. Did you send through logs to us & did we reply to you via email? If we did not reply, then possibly we did not get your email. Please email us again with the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com. If the zipped logs are > 10MB, then upload them to a filesharing site like dropbox, mega.co.nz, etc. and email us the download link.

ftanner
06-14-2014, 10:17 AM
Sorry about that. Did you send through logs to us & did we reply to you via email? If we did not reply, then possibly we did not get your email. Please email us again with the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com. If the zipped logs are > 10MB, then upload them to a filesharing site like dropbox, mega.co.nz, etc. and email us the download link.

Yes, I did. And you said that you were working on a fix.

06-10-2014, 08:44 AM #9
ftanner
ftanner is online now Senior Member

Any update on this yet?

I am holding off on upgrading to 4.0.2 just in case this will cause issues.

Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
06-10-2014, 04:18 PM #10
Paul
Paul is online now Conceiva Staff

Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo Check out our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
SALE! Buy Mezzmo today and get a 30% discount! Hurry offer only valid during June! See http://www.conceiva.com/buy/specialoffers.asp
NEW! Try our new Mezzmo Android app. Install it on your tablet or smartphone to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices - including Google Chromecast. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com

ftanner
06-14-2014, 10:18 AM
As you can see, you said you were fixing it three days ago.

Paul
06-14-2014, 10:39 AM
Sorry - this must have slipped through the net (...we've been very busy since the v4.0 and Android app launch). Can you email us the logs again and I'll make sure we look into as a priority.

ftanner
06-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Sorry - this must have slipped through the net (...we've been very busy since the v4.0 and Android app launch). Can you email us the logs again and I'll make sure we look into as a priority.

They have been re-emailed. Just so you know, I haven't been able to use Mezzmo since the 4.0 upgrade because of this issue. At all. So my streaming has been down and useless.

Paul
06-16-2014, 05:40 PM
We have not received your email with the logs. Please upload the zipped logs to a filesharing site such as dropbox, mega.co.nz, etc. and then email us the download link to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

ftanner
06-17-2014, 04:19 AM
We have not received your email with the logs. Please upload the zipped logs to a filesharing site such as dropbox, mega.co.nz, etc. and then email us the download link to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

I am confused as to how we went from, on the tenth, "we are just fixing it now" to "we have not received your jogs", and now I have to create a dropbox site. *AND* it has taken us SIX days to get to this point. Meanwhile we are approaching TWO WEEKS that my Mezzmo has been inoperable.

Maybe you can explain it to me. I am not a very happy customer at the moment.

Paul
06-17-2014, 09:35 AM
We receive 100+ support emails every day, many of them with logs. We respond to each and every support inquiry usually the same day (except weekends). We mistakenly thought one of those incoming inquiries was yours - but it was not. I have just sent you a PM with an alternative email address for you to try to send through the logs.

ftanner
06-17-2014, 10:58 AM
We receive 100+ support emails every day, many of them with logs. We respond to each and every support inquiry usually the same day (except weekends). We mistakenly thought one of those incoming inquiries was yours - but it was not. I have just sent you a PM with an alternative email address for you to try to send through the logs.

I have created a Dropbox account, I don't use those online services, and sent you a link to the logs. Please don't drop the ball again. I am getting very frustrated with the lack of support on this issue given that it has been almost TWO WEEKS without a working streaming box.

ftanner
06-17-2014, 11:00 AM
I have sent the logs to the alternate e-mail address as well.

ftanner
06-17-2014, 01:26 PM
So, working with support, the fix for this was to upgrade to version 4.0.3 and restore the database from backup.

Thank you.

Paul
06-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. Sorry for the long delay to get you up and running.

ftanner
06-18-2014, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the confirmation. Sorry for the long delay to get you up and running.

I did notice an interesting glitch. The 4.x series has converted all of the titles of the movies to all lower case. Is this intentional?

ftanner
06-18-2014, 02:45 AM
Update on the lower case issue. If I manually run a metadata check on a file, it changes the case to be proper. Is there some way I can do this for everything, or am I going to have to manually tun it on each and every one of the thousands of files?

Thank you.

Paul
06-18-2014, 09:24 AM
Do you see lower case titles in Mezzmo or on your device? If in Mezzmo, then take a screenshot and post it here.

ftanner
06-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Do you see lower case titles in Mezzmo or on your device? If in Mezzmo, then take a screenshot and post it here.

In Mezzmo and in my device since it gets the name from Mezzmo.

Paul
06-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Try this: Right-click on the 'Movies' folder and click 'Properties'. On the Properties dialog, click the Display Titles button. On the Display Titles dialog, I guess you may have %FILENAME% as the display title keyword for your various media file types. Try changing this to %TITLE% and click OK. You should see you movie titles display in mixed case now.

ftanner
06-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Try this: Right-click on the 'Movies' folder and click 'Properties'. On the Properties dialog, click the Display Titles button. On the Display Titles dialog, I guess you may have %FILENAME% as the display title keyword for your various media file types. Try changing this to %TITLE% and click OK. You should see you movie titles display in mixed case now.

It was already set to Title.

Paul
06-19-2014, 03:53 PM
OK - I suggest you run Maintain Playlist on your Movies folder. That will get metadata for them - including the correct titles. Right-click on the Movies folder and click Maintain Playlist. On the Maintain Library dialog, select the 'Update all attributes' radio button. Click Maintain Now and wait until Mezzmo has collected metadata for your files.

ftanner
06-20-2014, 09:21 AM
OK - I suggest you run Maintain Playlist on your Movies folder. That will get metadata for them - including the correct titles. Right-click on the Movies folder and click Maintain Playlist. On the Maintain Library dialog, select the 'Update all attributes' radio button. Click Maintain Now and wait until Mezzmo has collected metadata for your files.

Ok. I did that on one of my smaller movie folders that I have "previews" in before I decide if I want to keep a movie or not. That did no good. Same result. The files are still lower case. If I go in and manually retrieve the metadata for a file and then save it, it "converts" it to the proper case.

Paul
06-20-2014, 10:54 AM
That is strange. Please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and exit Mezzmo. Run Mezzmo again and then maintain the "previews" playlist again (make sure the 'Update all attributes' radio button is selected). When it completes (including the System tasks), exit Mezzmo and zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Paul
06-20-2014, 03:49 PM
We have just released Mezzmo v4.0.4.0 and it does contains some fixes for the lowercase issue. Please upgrade to it and run Maintain Library (make sure the 'Update all attributes' radio button is selected).

ftanner
06-21-2014, 11:13 AM
We have just released Mezzmo v4.0.4.0 and it does contains some fixes for the lowercase issue. Please upgrade to it and run Maintain Library (make sure the 'Update all attributes' radio button is selected).

That resolved the issue.

Thank you for your assistance.

Paul
06-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Glad that works, Frank. Thanks for the confirmation.