PDA

View Full Version : Network drive support?

badbob001
09-21-2010, 05:03 AM
I added folders from a windows network share and they show up and catalog fine in Mezzmo, but the folders are empty when I attempt to browse those folders from my Samsung B750 TV. I don't know of a DLNA client for Windows, but I used the DLNA client on a T-mobile Vibrant phone (aka Galaxy S/Captivate/Fascinate) with the same results. The mezzmo library also has folders to local content and access to that is fine.

I adding the content as a mapped drive or unc path (\\192.168.1.1\stuff) with the same failed results. The mezzmo service is running under the same username as my desktop login and so I don't think it's a permission issue. I did test setting the share to allow anonymous guest access but that didn't help.

The shares are on a Windows 7 PC and Mezzmo is running on a Windows XP PC.

Thanks!

badbob001
09-21-2010, 06:15 AM
On the same box that is running Mezzmo, I create a network share, added that to mezzmo, and it works fine. For the network share that I'm trying to get working through Mezzmo, it is in a different workgroup and thus has different user permissions. Outside of Mezzmo, if I try to open that share for the first time, I am prompted for a username and password. I am not prompted again later because windows remembers the login details I've entered. The mezzmo service is running using the same desktop account so wouldn't it have the same access permissions?

Paul
09-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Service's permissions are actually a little bit different to the GUI.

If you enter your login details for that share and then try to add it to Mezzmo again, does it work?

RMerlin
09-21-2010, 10:31 AM
I would also make sure you use an UNC and not a mapped network drive - the latter is user profile-specific.

If you run "services.msc" and check the Mezzmo service, is it set to run from your Windows user, or from a sytem account?