PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo Upgrade (4.0.1.0) - Lots of Files Show as "Invalid File"

scooter
06-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Help! I upgraded to the newest Mezzmo yesterday afternoon (v4.0.1.0) and have had issues since.
Numerous MKV/MP4/AVI files under directories show "Invalid File" / "Invalid Media File." The only fix is to rename the file, then it seems to work. It's pretty annoying to have to go rename a bunch of files (add a "1" or something) in order for Mezzmo to see them as valid and be able to stream.

What is the fix? Or do I have to downgrade to the most recent release in order to not have this issue?

Thanks.

Paul
06-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Where do you see "Invalid File" / "Invalide Media File"? In Mezzmo (Windows) app or on your device? If Mezzmo, take a screenshot and post that here. If on your device, then right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click Properties. On the Properties dialog, take a screenshot of the General tab and then go to the Video tab and take a screenshot and post those here. Also, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Post that here.

scooter
06-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the reply. It's only in Mezzmo that they show as invalid. The files play fine in vlc/windows media player.
Here are screenshots:

scooter
06-06-2014, 08:10 AM
I cannot right click and select properties or ffmpeg information as they are both greyed out.

Paul
06-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Try this: Create a new temporary playlist under Library (click Create Playlist -> Playlist and call your playlist (say) "Test"). Then drag and drop these invalid files into this playlist in the tree in Mezzmo. Next, right-click on the playlist and click Maintain Playlist. On the Maintain dialog, select "Update all attributes" radio button and proceed to maintain the playlist. After maintenance has completed, select the playlist again and see if those files are now valid. Let us know how you go.

scooter
06-07-2014, 12:54 AM
They still show as invalid after moving to a new playlist then running Maintain Playlist.

Paul
06-07-2014, 09:57 AM
OK - email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide further steps to get up and running.

m2teach
06-08-2014, 12:53 AM
Not to thread hijack, but......
Same issue. Mezzmo has been a rock. Once I've updated to 4.01 and now 4.02 it says invalid file when streaming. I can play form my pc through Mezzmo. When stream to my panasonic S60 viera some files work while others the audio will play but no picture. Tries steps above but nothing....Help!!!!!

Update: I've noticed that it is many of the videos I haven't really played. Could it be that they need to be transcoded first?
Update 2: Nope, doesn't seem to be it. Have log file and will send it in.

Paul
06-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the information. Email us the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll get you back up and running.

m2teach
06-08-2014, 12:33 PM
Paul: Sent in log. Look forward to hearing from you guys.

72bluenova
06-08-2014, 11:35 PM
I am getting the same error with 4.0.2 now.
I do not understand as to why we need to send the log file in order to "get you back up and running" when it is becoming a known issue. Why not post the fix here instead of having the user send emails back and forth.

Paul
06-09-2014, 09:31 AM
I do not understand as to why we need to send the log file in order to "get you back up and running" when it is becoming a known issue. Why not post the fix here instead of having the user send emails back and forth.

That's because we have not seen this error during our internal testing (or from our external Beta testers) so the logs from users experiencing this problem will hopefully tell us what's going wrong so we can fix it. Hope that makes sense. We'll try to get it fixed ASAP and get a minor release out to all users.

72bluenova
06-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Can we get a link to a v3.xxx please? Until a fix is out.
Thank you.

BTW my device is a Samsung TV

Paul
06-09-2014, 04:51 PM
For previous versions, see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6026-FAQ-How-to-download-older-versions-of-Mezzmo

Paul
06-11-2014, 05:08 PM
Update: We have fixed this "invalid file" issue. If you would like to try a patch right now, then please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. After users who try the patch tell us that it works fine, then we will prepare a minor release for all users.

Paul
06-13-2014, 05:55 PM
Mezzmo v4.0.3.0 has been released and it contains the fix for the "invalid file" issue. After upgrading, run Maintain Library and select the Only update new files or files with empty attributes" radio button on the Maintain Library dialog. That will find all your invalid files and fix them up.

pfjarschel
06-21-2020, 10:35 AM
I registered on the forums just to let you know that as of 2020, six years later, this issue persists. The "maintain playlist" workaround still works, but it would be nice to not have to do this.

Peter
06-22-2020, 10:36 AM
You can set a refresh folder interval for Mezzmo to check the files in a folder for new files and this will also fix any files detected as invalid. http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=keeping_your_mezzmo_library_up-to-date&s[]=refresh&s[]=interval#refreshing_your_folders_automatically