PDA

View Full Version : "Only stream the preferred channels to devices" - not respected

coderjohn
06-06-2014, 12:00 PM
I have a ripped movie that (for some reason) has the French stream 0x81 ahead on the English stream 0x80, as seen by the FFMpeg properties.

Don't really want to listen in French but trying to find a way to listen to English on a device/software that can't select the audio stream. I'm watching the movie on a Nexus 5 with Bubble PnP and MX Player.

[When I watch on XBMC, no problem, because I can select the second audio stream manually.]

So, I "check" the "Only stream the preferred channels to devices (requires transcoding) selection; I have the English Audio selected in the "Preferred audio channel" above.

I restart Bubble and MX Player and still hear French. I can see the movie being transcoded in the Transcoding pane.

Any advice?

Paul
06-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Some answers:

You can change the audio channel in MX Player when playing a video. See this link: http://www.theandroidportal.com/change-language-movies-mx-player-android/ or search the web for other information about it.
Regarding the preferred audio channel, stop the transcoding and then right-click on the video and click Properties. On the Properties dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and delete all transcoded files listed there. Assuming you have the correct preferred audio channel selected and the "Only stream the preferred channels" checkbox selected, then Mezzmo should transcode your video with that audio channel. If it does not on your Nexus, then try another device in your home just to check. If still a problem, then we'd like to see a set of logs when you do this. Delete your transcoded files and then reproduce the problem again. Email them logs to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.