PDA

View Full Version : "Not supported file format" on Samsung UN55C8000

brown3223
09-22-2010, 03:41 AM
Hi,

I'm running a trial version of Mezzmo and like the software a lot, but I'm having a fundamental problem that I hope someone can help with.

Mezzmo is running on a PC with Windows XP. My Samsung UN55C8000 sees the Mezzmo server and allows me to browse the folders. Mezzmo recognizes the Samsung TV and assigned it the "Samsung C" profile (I haven't double checked IP addresses, but this is the only Samsung TV in the house, so I'm assuming that is correct).

As I browse the videos in their folders, I can even see proper thumbnails (nice!). But when I select the video for playback on the TV, I get a spinning white wheel for a couple seconds and then a "Not supported file format" error.

The strange thing is that that I am able to play these videos on the UN55C8000 from TwonkyMediaManager (running on the same PC). So I know it can work, I just don't know why it doesn't work from Mezzmo.

I am going to disable transcoding to see if that makes any difference, but I thought I would put this out there to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks.

brown3223
09-22-2010, 03:45 AM
UPDATE: I turned off transcoding, stopped the server, and re-started the server. No difference. All video files still give the same "Not supported file format" error.

brown3223
09-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Another update: I have a PS3 connected to the Samsung UN55C8000 and I am able to stream video from Mezzmo to the PS3 with no errors. The *same* video files when streamed directly to the UN55C8000, however, always give the "Not supported file format" error.

So, in summary, here is what works:

Mezzmo -> PS3 -> UN55C8000
Twonky -> UN55C8000

Here is what doesn't work, but I don't understand why:

Mezzmo -> UN55C8000

Any suggestions appreciated.

Paul
09-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Depending on the file format, we do have a patch available to fix some Samsung issues. Please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and I'll send it to you to try.

linovic
09-23-2010, 04:20 PM
I got a similar problem, i can play all files on my samsung ue55c8705 but on my bluray(BD-C6900 ) i can only play .mkv and not .avi

Paul
09-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Can you please also send in a message for a patched version to try.

bluecard99
10-02-2010, 05:21 AM
I would love to try this software and from what I am reading I too will need this patch/fix to be sucessful using it with my Samsung UN55C8000. Can I please have a link to the nessasary file to get this working?

Thank you.

Paul
10-04-2010, 08:50 AM
The patch was only needed for 2.1.9 users - please try the new 2.1.10 as it contains all the fixes from that patch. The patch itself is no longer available, since it has been merged into the main version.

jrbynum
10-08-2010, 02:09 PM
I am also evaluating Mezzmo and have the same problem, it won't transcode .mov files. I have a Samsung UN55C6300. I can't find the profile files to even edit them, running Windows 7 Ultimate. I have the latest version of Mezzmo 2.1.10. Any ideas?

Paul
10-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Can you please check that "Samsung C" is selected for your TV (it's in the Media Devices dialog).

There is no need to edit profile files directly in most cases, so please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll help you out.

jrbynum
10-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Yes, thats the profile that I am using... I have sent you a detailed email...

Uzz32
11-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi.

I just downloaded Mezzmo as I am fed up with PC Manager. The only thing it "manages" to do is frustrate me.

If you can help me solve my "Not Supported File Format" issues, I'll buy this software in a heartbeat as I have tried everything else before I found this. They each work a bit........... but have issues that make them unsatisfactory, like lack of pause, unable to play different types of files than the other, and not playing full screen etc.

I own a Samsung UA55B8000XF. One file I know straight away that I cannot play are the "MPEG-4 Media File (.mp4)" files. I have tried profiles: A, B and C so far.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
11-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Hi,

Please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll send you an updated device profile to try.

Uzz32
11-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Done.

Thank you Dennis.

Edit* Applied the patch as per instructions, but there seems to be no change that I can see.

digitalcleaner
04-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Depending on the file format, we do have a patch available to fix some Samsung issues. Please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and I'll send it to you to try.

I had the error "video codec not supported" trying to view video's using the wireless option on my samsung tv or my samsung bluray player, but once I added encoding to the video's having this error using Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 (free version) http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/Encoder4_Overview.aspx it fixed this issue.

So, using allshare or DNLA wirless streaming video, what some files are missing is the correct encoding! I was able to do this to .wmv, avi and mov files. Either seperately or making a windows live movie maker wmv file and encoding that final result. Why no one has this info posted anywhere I looked (and I looked high and low) I have no idea, but yeah theres the fix..

Paul
04-26-2012, 10:29 AM
You should not need to re-encode your files manually (although you can if you wish) since Mezzmo transcodes your files on-the-fly.