PDA

View Full Version : Maintain Library (only for new files)

paulsalter
06-07-2014, 12:33 AM
Hi,

Not sure how the maintain works but is the following possible

Have maintain set to run at a set time
If any new files are found, add to library and retrieve metadata (as it does now)
Previous files, do not try and retrieve anything for them just ignore them

My reason for this is that I have about 2000 tv shows in my library, most have missing data (and always will) so looking for metadata is a waste of time, and just slows the maintenance down (also has a big hit on my internet usage, over 2 gig with mezzmo downloads in last few days)

currently I have maintenance turned off (for above reason)and manually browse folders to add items, but would like to get things automatically added without trying to retrieve missing metadata for everything

Any thoughts on how to achieve this?

Thanks

Paul
06-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Understand, Paul. The "Only update new files or files with empty attributes" radio button on the Maintain Library dialog does kick off maintenance for new files and files with missing information. We'd need to separate this into two radio buttons - which makes some sense. We'll add this to our development list for a future version. Thanks for the suggestion.

paulsalter
06-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Thanks for considering this

What would be nice, IMO would be options similar to this

Maintenance (Add New Only ) - with options for Daily, Weekly (Specify Day), Monthly (Specify Date of month to Run)
Maintenance Full have similar options to above and work as it does now

and allow both to be selected, so it could do, as example
Maintenance (Add New Only) every day
Maintenance (Full) run on 1st of the month

I can easily do these things manually, so no big problem, but would be nice to see sometime similar in the future

Paul
06-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Understand. Thanks for your thoughts.