PDA

View Full Version : Can't find Mezzmo server on Android

Belsj
06-07-2014, 04:04 AM
Hi,

I have a question, just updated to the newest Mezzmo. And installed the trail from Mezzmo on my Samsung Galaxy S2.
My libary and mezzmo is running on my desktop pc and this one is connected to my wireless router.
Server is running, but when i'm looking on the android app. Then i can't find the local server.
Is there any kind of guide, how i get my local mezzmo server running on my android device?

thr0tt
06-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Same, seems sorta pointless that the mezzmo app cant see the mezzmo server, may as well use a free upnp app to stream form the windows pc...

Paul
06-07-2014, 09:55 AM
First thing to check: Is your Android device running Mezzmo Android and your PC running Mezzmo server on the same subnet? (e.g. 192.168.0.xxx)

thr0tt
06-07-2014, 04:42 PM
First thing to check: Is your Android device running Mezzmo Android and your PC running Mezzmo server on the same subnet? (e.g. 192.168.0.xxx)

Same network, subnet etc all the same and can see the windows PC but just not mezzmo.

Server is 192.168.1.100/24 client is 192.168.1.17/24, does the server have to be layer 2 adjacent ?

Roofus
06-07-2014, 07:21 PM
I had the problem, to resolve I found my wireless device in the mezzmo devices list (via ip address as all were unknown devices), then selected it and in the general tab select the correct network adapter etc (and named it for future use). My server then appeared just fine.

Cheers

Steve

Paul
06-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Try this: Stop your Mezzmo server. Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and delete any unknown devices or devices that you do not stream to. Now run your Mezzmo server and wait a minute or so. Also, on your Android device, exit Mezzmo Android app and then run it again. Go to the SERVERS tab on Mezzmo Android and check if Mezzmo is listed. If not, touch the Refresh icon. If still no success, then we'd like to see a set of Mezzmo server logs. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart Mezzmo server. Exit Mezzmo Android app and then start it again. Wait a minute or so & touch the Refresh icon on the SERVERS tab. When Mezzmo is not listed under SERVERS tab, then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.