PDA

View Full Version : 4.0.2.0 not updating Library for TV Shows when new episodes added

gpmc
06-12-2014, 01:31 AM
With 4.0.2.0 version I initially set-up the "Series" folder and everything went OK (TV shows properly recognized) but when I add new episodes to any of the existing Series, Mezzmo is not going to add them to the library when doing Maintain Library (only for the files with missing info).
May you get back on that?
Thanks

Paul
06-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Has "Processing active playlists" task completed? You need to let it complete and then all your active playlists will be updated with the files you have just added. If you exit Mezzmo app in the middle of processing active playlists task, then you may not see your files listed. To fix this, right-click on the active playlist and click Properties. Then click OK on the Active Playlist Properties dialog. In the background, Mezzmo will begin processing this playlist and update it for you. It can take several minutes to do this depending on the complexity of the playlist and number of files.

Also, check the files that you have just added have the correct metadata to make sure they do will get added to your Series playlist. Right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click Properties. Check the Series, Season, Episode and Category values.

gpmc
06-12-2014, 05:32 PM
It does not work.
I right click on the active playlist, click on Properties and then click OK on the bottom but nothing happens.
Still remaining with several episodes missing from the library.

Paul
06-12-2014, 05:53 PM
It does not work.
I right click on the active playlist, click on Properties and then click OK on the bottom but nothing happens.

That's right. In the background, Mezzmo is silently updating the playlist. You don't see anything in the Status pane. You may need to wait a little longer for the update to complete.

If no success, then for the file that is not listed, right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click Properties. Take a screenshot and post it here. Next, take a screenshot of the Active Playlist Properties dialog and post it here.

gpmc
06-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Attache an example taken from Person of Interest Season 3.
All 2 last episodes have been added in the hard drive, but Mezzmo still detects only 21.
attached the pictures.

Paul
06-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Looking at the Status pane, it appears that Mezzmo is still collecting text metadata and artwork for 427 files and still processing active playlists. Once these tasks have completed, then you will see your files listed in the active playlists.

gpmc
06-12-2014, 06:41 PM
This is due to the Maintain Library command I just input.
When all tasks are over I'll check again.

Paul
06-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Understand. Let us know how you go.

gpmc
06-12-2014, 09:12 PM
No updates.
Library does not include new episodes after 2.5 h.
Attached the snapshot from one folder.
Not able to find a solution any more.
Very disappointed.

paulsalter
06-12-2014, 09:54 PM
Do they show up in the recently added playlist?

If so are they assigned the category of 'TV Show'?

gpmc
06-13-2014, 12:20 AM
Definetly they are not in recently added.

paulsalter
06-13-2014, 12:23 AM
Look under the Folders playlist (orange coloured one, this is a direct link to the folder on your pc)

They definitely should be in here, right click for properties to make sure Mezzmo doesn't think they are corrupt, if it thinks there is corruption in the file, they will be in here but missing from all other playlists

gpmc
06-13-2014, 12:29 AM
Where is Folder playlist?

paulsalter
06-13-2014, 12:38 AM
Thought this was a default and always there

go to Insert at the top, the first option should be Folder, select this and find the folder where these episodes are stored, click ok

you will now see an orange folder in your playlist section, named after what you just added, this should show all even the missing ones, check the properties of the missing episodes here see if anything looks wrong

Just to add, for me I have added it as the main folder where everything is stored (ie E:\videos), when browsing through the folders they show everything and automatically add new items if found (can be quicker than always doing a maintain library to add new items)

gpmc
06-13-2014, 12:47 AM
OK.
Got missing files. But how can I move them to the right place (means "TV Series" active playlist)?

paulsalter
06-13-2014, 12:50 AM
first check, do a right click on a problem one and select the get FFmpeg information (if it allows you to do this and you get a result then Mezzmo is not thinking the file is corrupt)

next right click on the file and select properties, make sure the category is TV Show and the Series box has the correct info (if you check properties of one that is ok you can compare)

gpmc
06-13-2014, 01:03 AM
New episodes are in the orange folder but not in the TV Series active playlist, so when I browse the folder from my player I still miss the episodes.
I think that I've to remove the hard drive with TV series, run a "Maintain Library" with the checkbox "remove media files...." selected and then reupload the series again.
Hope this issue to be solved because it's definetly a big bug.:mad:

paulsalter
06-13-2014, 01:05 AM
and the ones in the orange folder have the same properties as episodes that do work?

did the ffmpeg information bring up a result?

gpmc
06-13-2014, 01:07 AM
They are OK (ffmpeg results are OK) but being in a different logical location thay can't be browsed together with the existing episodes and this is not acceptable for me.

paulsalter
06-13-2014, 01:13 AM
once they are added then you can browse them fine, you can store them anywhere you wish (its the metadata that groups them together)

go to Tools at the top and select setup your mezzmo library

under here does it show all locations where your videos are stored (including the problem ones)

gpmc
06-13-2014, 01:17 AM
Ok noted.
But don't you think that this procedure is a little bit complicated for such a simple updating process that should be properly handled by the library management?????

paulsalter
06-13-2014, 01:25 AM
This is a bit complicated, all I was trying to prove here is make sure that Mezzmo didn't think the files are corrupt (that is why I wanted to see it under the orange folders list as that shows everything)

Once everything is setup it runs very smoothly (as long as your media is stored in locations you have told mezzmo about)

Looks like there are now 2 ways to set everything up

The way I have it is use the Insert at the top and then select Folder, do this for all the main folders of your library (don't need to include subfolders), then run a maintain library after doing this
Alternatively use the Tools, set up your mezzmo library option and add the main folders into here, then perform a maintain library (not sure if this is new in V4 but for me this is blank)

paulsalter
06-13-2014, 01:29 AM
They are OK (ffmpeg results are OK) but being in a different logical location thay can't be browsed together with the existing episodes and this is not acceptable for me.

Are the problem episodes in a different location to the others?

gpmc
06-13-2014, 01:31 AM
I put all new episodes in the proper folders next to the existing ones.
Anyway Development Team has to work it out in my opinion.

paulsalter
06-13-2014, 01:34 AM
I put all new episodes in the proper folders next to the existing ones.
Anyway Development Team has to work it out in my opinion.

Did that fix it?

I am just a user like you (just trying to help with a few ideas), its only about 1:30am for Mezzmo guys, so you might not get a response from them for a while

gpmc
06-13-2014, 01:39 AM
Not a problem.
I really appreciated your recommendations but I think that from the library management (expecially for TV shows/series that can bu subject to frequent updates with new additions) this software has great margins of improvements.

paulsalter
06-13-2014, 01:44 AM
Not sure how you have everything set up, but this is how mine is done (I add tv shows daily and it works fine)

My files are all stored under E:\Videos, so what I did was under insert, the folder, added the folder E:\Videos

The layout of this is

E:\Videos\Movies
E:\Videos\TV\Series_Name\Season_Number

So all my movies are in one folder, tv shows are split up by series name and season number

I use that structure for everything

So because I added the E:\Videos under the insert folder option, everything here is auto scanned with a maintain library

gpmc
06-13-2014, 01:59 AM
When I uploaded my TV shows for the first time I selected "Scan Drive/Folders" and files have been automatically added to TV Series active playlist (without any input/section from me).
They have not been added to an "orange" folder.
Maybe this is the reason of the missing updates.

paulsalter
06-13-2014, 03:03 AM
Sorry for late response, just went for food

It could be, if these latest episodes are in a different area on your computer

If you do the insert, add a folder and make sure all your main folders where you store items are added, then you should be good to go (its a while since I set mine up so cant remember what it defaults to when you first run the app)
It doesn't matter if you store them in different locations, the metadata that maintain library gets will group them all together properly under the series playlist

gpmc
06-13-2014, 04:28 AM
Strange because this does not happen to me.

Paul
06-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Just to explain:

'Add To Library' -> 'Scan Drive/Folder' - this scans the selected drive/folder for files and then adds them into your Mezzmo library. It does this scan once. It will not add new files that are added to that drive/folder. If you want to add new files that exist in the drive/folder, then you need to run Scan Drive/Folder again and it will pick up the new files for you.
'Add To Library' -> 'Add Folder' - this adds a folder into your Mezzmo library (you will see it in the tree on the left). It also adds the files & sub-folders that exist the folder on disk. It is dynamic. When you browse the folder using Mezzmo app or a DLNA device or maintain your library, then the folder (and it's files) are dynamically updated in your Mezzmo library. So if you have new files or have removed from this folder on disk, then Mezzmo will pick up these changes and show them dynamically in Mezzmo and on your devices.

From your explanation, it seems you have run Scan Drive/Folder once and your initial set of files have been added into Mezzmo library. Later, you added new files on disk into the folder. However, these new files on disk will not be seen in Mezzmo. This is confirmed since you did not see them in Recently Added playlist. So you have two choices - run Scan Drive/Folder again to pick up these new files, or use Add Folder to add the folder into your Mezzmo library. I would suggest doing the latter and then schedule a Maintain Library to run regularly so that your files are added dynamically for you and all your playlists are kept up-to-date.

gpmc
06-15-2014, 06:03 AM
Now with "Add folder" instead of "Scan drive/folder" everything works perfectly (updating of new episodes, etc.).
Thanks!

Paul
06-15-2014, 05:28 PM
Glad you are up and running now! Thanks for letting us know.