PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo changes 2.x -> 4.x

fletch
06-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Aside from device support, streaming improvements, and other client changes, should I see any difference between a Mezzmo server running 2.x versus 4.x - say on a Google TV for instance? I've got one running 2.x and it just works fine. On a newer computer I installed 4.x recently. Navigating through and watching videos seems the same on both.

Paul
06-17-2014, 10:44 AM
You probably won't see too much difference on your device - since the user interface on your device is controlled by your device's firmware and not by Mezzmo. Perhaps the only changes will may notice on your device will be new playlists and better file/folder/playlist artwork. However, there have been plenty of changes with Mezzmo (Windows) app and Mezzmo server since v2.x - e.g. parental control, Blu-ray/DVD/ISO streaming, subtitle support, better artwork for files, more metadata for files, support for the latest devices such as Xbox one, Roku 3, Samsung H-series TVs and Google Chromecast, etc. See http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/whatsnew.asp for more details. Also, we've created a new Mezzmo (Android) app that lets you browse your Mezzmo library and push/play files onto your devices in your home. It shows full metadata for your files, has full playback control and supports streaming/casting to all popular DLNA devices and Google Chromecast. Install it using Google Play on your Android tablet or smartphone.

fletch
06-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Planning an iOS version???

So is iOS Betamax or VHS :cool:

Paul
06-17-2014, 02:45 PM
We'd certainly like to create an Mezzmo iOS app. Now that we've released Mezzmo v4.0 and Mezzmo (Android) app, we've started discussing & planning the next major release.