PDA

View Full Version : wmp again....

syndy
09-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Sorry, im back again. i am trying to set Mezzmo up with WMP and have a couple of issues i wonder if someone can help me with?

WMP12, i had this working fine. Left it a day or so, now when i use WMP as a client (Mezzmo is running on a xp sp3 pc connected directly to the windows 7 pc running WMP12 via a hub), listed under each secion are all the files on mezzmo. That is, on the library tree, under photos not only photos are shown but all the videos and music. Same goes for the music and video listings. Any pointers why this is being displayed in such a way?

WMP11. can't get mezzmo to be detected. Have enabled media sharing but no joy. Also connected directly via a hub.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul
09-27-2010, 09:56 AM
We'll investigate why all files are coming up on WMP12 and fix it up if there's an issue - thanks for pointing that out.

With WMP11 not seeing Mezzmo - is there anything under the "Other Libraries" in the Navigation Pane? Maybe try turning the firewall off on both machines to see if that's the problem. Does Mezzmo detect the WMP11 machine and adds it to the Media Devices dialog?

syndy
09-28-2010, 01:52 AM
Hi Dennis,

the starnge thing about wmp12 is that initially it had the correct file types listed under the correct heading, it worked very well. Then after a day or so it seemed to decide to pile all the file types under all the headings, strange. I did notice that Mezzmo listed my library as having a total of 65 playlists in the bottom left hand properties box whereas i had not created any yet. Could this be related?

As for wmp11, when i activate media share, it shows the pc with mezzmo on as an unknown device but does not list it under the library heading. No firewall, upnp service active. Is there some other setting or config i am missing? If not, i'll reinstall the xp operating system running the mezzmo server and start again!

Many thanks,

Syndy

Paul
09-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Hi Syndy,

Can you check if WMP12 is using the "Microsoft Windows Media Player" device profile (check the Media Devices dialog - then click on Edit and check that the correct device profile is selected).

Regarding WMP11 - can you please turn on logging on that PC (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging), then restart the server and also restart WMP11. Try going to the media devices on WMP11 where Mezzmo should appear. When it doesn't, please stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com for further investigation.

syndy
09-29-2010, 01:33 AM
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your help with this. wmp12 (on windows 7), where do i go to check the profile? I had a look around but did not quite follow where the edit option is. As an update, i bit the bullet and reinstalled the xp operating system then did a fresh install of Mezzmo. At the moment all files are being listed under there correct heading in wmp12, i'll monitor it for a few days to see if it stays that way!

I have the logs and will foward them as requested. Something i noticed that might be of some help, wmp11 is on a laptop called 'oldlaptop', this laptop has never had Mezzmo installed on it. When this laptop starts up, mezzmo detects it and adds it as a media device. However, it lists this wmp11 laptop with a device name of 'Concieva Mezzmo'? IP address is correct. wmp11 does not list the Mezzmo server.

Cheers,

Syndy

Paul
09-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Hi Syndy,

The device profiles are in the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo (on the toolbar) - in there select your device, then click the Edit button and on the dialog that comes up check which profile is selected in the combo box. The next minor update of Mezzmo will provide more information on the Media Devices dialog itself to make this easier.

syndy
09-30-2010, 02:52 AM
Hi Dennis,

Right, i was looking in the wrong place...! OK, so wmp12 had a device profile of generic 1. I have changed this to windows media player and will monitor. All is displaying fine still so fingers crossed...
WMP 11 had a device profile of conceiva mezzmo. I changed that to windows media player but made no difference. I also tried generic profiles 1 through 4 but stil cannot get mezzmo to be detected by wmp11.

Cheers,

Syndy.

Paul
09-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Hi,

There appears to be something blocking the WMP11 PC - we'll continue via support e-mail.