PDA

View Full Version : Blu-ray and external subtitles

freebits
06-24-2014, 07:01 PM
Hi Mezzmo team,

I'm happy the Mezzmo now supports Blu-ray via DLNA but not sure how to load external subtitles with these BDMV or ISOs. It's not yet supported?
Btw, I could see the internal subtitles such as 1, 2, 3 w/o language name but couldn't see the external subs.

Thanks,
Nam

Christopher
06-25-2014, 10:24 AM
Hi Freebits,

Mezzmo 4 is supporting external subtitles like SRT with DVD / Bluray disk ripped into File Structure or ISO.

Depending on the DVD / Bluray source, the subtitle file need to be placed in proper location and renamed to match the disk title, reported by Mezzmo, for example:
c:\video\mymovie.iso --> c:\video\mymovie_title1.srt for ISO archive
c:\video\mymovie\VIDEO_TS --> c:\video\mymovie\mymovie_title1.srt for DVD File Structure
c:\video\mymovie\BDMV --> c:\video\mymovie\mymovie_title1.srt for Bluray File Structure

You may use Video Properties dialog (select movie, choose Menu/Edit/Properties -> Subtitles) and move mouse over [Update Subtitles] button to learn where Mezzmo is looking for external subtitle files. Once you added new SRT file to that location click on [Update Subtitles] to add it to Mezzmo library.

freebits
06-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Thank you for the post.

I already put the sub in the movie folder of BDMV like this.
D:\Movie\Avatar
D:\Movie\Avatar\BDMV
D:\Movie\Avatar\Avatar.smi

The movie name from the DLNA client was not Avatar and different name was chosen by Mezzmo internally? Is it normal?
Now I know I can add external sub manually via the property - sub menu. But I have dozens of BDMV/ISO containing the sub files matching to the folder name. Can Mezzmo detect them automatically instead of making or manually adding new sub files in the folder again?

ps. I watched the movie after adding sub manually from the sub menu at Mezzmo but can't find it from sub menu of my player. :(

Christopher
06-25-2014, 04:23 PM
Hi Freebits,
Your sample is indicating that you may have Blu-ray disk rip (as having \BDMV subfolder). If all is fine Mezzmo should add to the library items like: "My Avatar (1/1)" or "My Avatar (1/2)", "My Avatar (2/2)", if more titles are detected.
Note: labeling the movie titles in Mezzmo is not relevant to the external subtitle file name, user can change it anytime, for example to "My Avatar".

Then your SMI file should be called D:\Movie\Avatar\Avatar_title1.smi to match Bluray folder name and first detected movie title.
After that Mezzmo should find all your subtitle files. See again detailed info on
http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/5977-Tutorial-Subtitling-Basics in the section titled "Detecting External Subtitles"
See also "Tip: Where Mezzmo is looking for external subtitles" for easy verification of the external subtitles location.