PDA

View Full Version : AirPlayer/Mezzmo unexpectedly swaps movie??

coderjohn
06-25-2014, 11:31 AM
Mezzmo 4.0.4
iPad Air
Olimsoft AirPlayer 1.1.09

Select Batman Begins (first movie in the list in AirPlayer in the "B" folder), screen goes to the normal dark, a little percentage indicator flashes in center of iPad screen, then the next movie in the folder, Battleship, starts playing. Huh?

XBMC 12.1 on a PC doesn't exhibit this. But, it also does not show the "alphabet" folders either.

Any ideas?

Before I forget, again, I just want to say that Mezzmo Paul is the best support guy I have experienced - many Thanks Paul!

Paul
06-25-2014, 11:52 AM
Thanks, coderjohn :)

My guess is that when you select 'Batman Begins' in AirPlayer, it requests this video from Mezzmo server and Mezzmo server starts to transcode the video since it is not compatible for playback on AirPlayer. Whilst waiting for the video that is transcoding on-the-fly, AirPlayer skips to next video in the list. To confirm this, go to Mezzmo on your PC and check the Transcoding pane when you try to play 'Batman Begins' on AirPlayer. Is the video listed there? If it is, then that's the problem - i.e. AirPlayer waits for a short time and then gives up on that file and skips to the next file. You can get around this by either waiting until that video file has fully transcoded or by pre-transcoding your incompatible videos beforehand.

coderjohn
06-25-2014, 12:16 PM
I think you were right.

I had been having trouble with this movie playing in French on my BubbleuPnP/MXPlayer/Nexus5. Mezzmo didn't seem to respect the preferred audio channel setting, no matter what I did. You tipped me off that MXPlayer had capability to select the audio channel but I was only seeing "127" which was French I think. So, through deleting pre-transcoded and taking away the English preferred channel setting (play the "original"), and then playing the movie on the GN5, it firstly started playing in French and then I changed the track to "128"/English and perfecto.

But, when I did that, the movie started playing in French on the iPad. Ugh... So I deleted the pre-transcodeds for that device because I could only see one audio track in the AirPlayer tack selector. Then started playing on iPad - French at first then, switched audio track to the other one (English) and perfecto again.

Happy as a clam. Thanks Paul.

Paul
06-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Glad you finally got there, coderjohn :D. Thanks for the confirmation.