PDA

View Full Version : WD TV Live - Content Source Not Found while streaming a movie

coderjohn
06-30-2014, 04:16 AM
I have a WD TV Live with v2.01.86.
I connect to a Mezzmo Media Server v4.0.5 which is running on a Windows 7 PC that is wired to the network.
I have tried both wired and wireless.
The router is a Netgear R6200.

After 10-20 minutes of streaming a movie, the movie stops and the WD TV Live presents "Content Source Not Found".

When I stream this same movie from Mezzmo through my wireless-ly-connected SONY Bravia TV - no problem at all.

Can anyone offer any advice to stream the whole movie without interruption?

Coises
06-30-2014, 05:52 AM
Just one suggestion (ignore if Paul from Conceiva, or someone else who knows, steps in):

I gather the WD TV Live can read Windows shares. What happens if you share the folder containing your movies and browse directly to it from the WD TV Live? That might at least identify whether it’s a Mezzmo/WD Live issue or some other WD Live issue. A quick Google search suggests that WD Live can develop this problem for various reasons that don’t appear to be all that well understood.

jbinkley60
06-30-2014, 05:55 AM
Did the problem start with 4.0.5 or has it been happening previously ? I have the same setup with no issues. However, there was a version of 4.0.5 which was released early Friday morning that caused this type of problem. A newer version was posted later in the day that fixed it. see:

http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/7253-Ever-since-4-0-5-0-update-crashes!-Every-15-Min

Paul
06-30-2014, 09:27 AM
Please download the latest Mezzmo v4.0.5.0 installer from http://www.mezzmo.com and run the installer (you do not need to uninstall your current version). It will upgrade your current version. If it prompts you to Repair, then click Yes.

Let us know if the problem persists. If you get a crash, then please email us the crash dump ZIP files to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

coderjohn
06-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Thanks everyone. I did download a new version from the web site and installed it "on top of" the v4.0.5 version I had earlier installed.

I played the entire test movie with the WD TV Live wired and did not have the problem. Now, I'm about 1.5 hours into the same test movie but connected wirelessly and so far have not experienced a problem.

I'm surprised that the second build didn't get a new version number so as to prompt another "auto" upgrade.

Thanks again everyone. Will report back only if the movie fails to finish without an interruption.

Paul
06-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Glad that works, coderjohn. Thanks for the confirmation.