PDA

View Full Version : Windows Image Rating for Smart Playlist (top images)

dwieden
09-26-2010, 05:29 AM
Hi,

I have just installed mezzmo and set up the software.
I am very pleased in general but wonder why those standard top 50 list didn't include any pictures (with music it did work).
It seems that the windows file rating of images is not importet in the database of mezzmo. Or am i wrong?

Hope there is a solution.
It would also be nice to create a smart playlist based on other image properties like key words,...

thx for help
Diether

Paul
09-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Hi Diether,

If Windows stores those ratings inside the file itself, then they should be read and used by Mezzmo. Can you please send one of your rated files to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll investigate. Please mention in your e-mail what rating this file has on your system.

dwieden
04-12-2011, 03:55 AM
Hey Dennis,

since I got my NAS working, I finally try to use Mezzmo again.
But still my photos are imported without the the rating. And yes, the ratings are also stored in the windows file attributes.
sent you an image again
As all other image properties are imported correctly I don't really understand what the problem here is.

and can you tell me when mezzmo will be able to create smart playlists also based upon other file attributes like key words?

Paul
04-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Hey Diether,

We've received your file and I'll take a look and get back to you via e-mail.

We do have plans to expand smart playlists soon, but I cannot give any definite date, sorry :) What sort of attributes would you be interested in seeing (except keywords)?

dwieden
04-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi Dennis,
Except Keywords, I would like to see an easier way of choosing a file path in smart playlist instead of manually typing or copying the path from windows explorer.
so generally it would be fine to select from a list of possible entries.
at the moment I don't have any other wishes.. would be enough to create my playlists

Paul
04-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Ok, I'll make a note of making choosing file paths easier as well.

dwieden
05-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Any new information till when win7 ratings and updates for smart playlists will be implemented?

"Hello Diether,

I’ve just checked and our image processing library is outdated and does not support those tags that store the rating information. We’ll be replacing it soon and once that happens, we’ll be able to read in the rating and any other information that we’re not reading right now.

Let me know if you need further help.

Best regards,

Dennis
"

Paul
05-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Sorry it did not make into the latest release. Improving reading ratings from image files is certainly on our development list and we will try to get it into an upcoming version as soon as we can. No definite date as yet.