PDA

View Full Version : Active Playlist with Smart Filter

paulsalter
07-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Hi,

I have a playlist called TV Shows (Unwatched)

This is set as an active playlist based on 'Album / Series' then 'Disc / Season'
I then have a smart filter on this to only show category TV Show and playcount = 0

This gives me a playlist the same as the default TV Show playlist but with unwatched shows only

This works great until I watch the last episode of a show in this playlist. when I watch the last episode the tv show remains in the playlist and has no episodes next to it (the show should get removed after last episode is watched)

running maintain library doesn't remove it, however if I right click the playlist and do a maintain library from here the series is gone as I expect

eg
Gavin & Stacey
Series 1
Episode 6

There is only Episode 6 in the list

After I watch Episode 6 I get

Gavin & Stacey
Series 1

No episodes under it, I would expect the series to be gone from the playlist as no unwatched episodes are left

Am I doing something wrong or misunderstanding the Active Playlist with a Smart Filtr

Thanks

Paul
07-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Thanks for reporting this, Paul. We'll reproduce the problem here and fix it up for the upcoming version.

Paul
07-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Hi Paul,

Just tried to reproduce this problem and cannot :(. After creating an active playlist with the smart filter [Play count] [is] [0], I played files until the several sub-active playlists were empty. Then, I ran Maintain Library with "Only update new files or files with empty attributes' radio button selected and maintenance removed empty sub-active playlists.

paulsalter
07-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Thanks

It might be the way I am doing it

For my maintain library the only option I have ticked is to update subtitles, I removed the tick from update media properties as this causes the maintain to take to long and downloads large amounts of data daily (my monthly limit was virtually used up by maintaining library with this set)

Should update media properties need to be ticked for the active playlists to get updated?

If so then I will just run a full maintain once a month to clear out watched items, I don't watch series that quick so don't come across this to much

Paul
07-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Understand better now. We've just reproduced the problem and will fix it for the upcoming release. You can get early access to it if you wish by emailing us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

paulsalter
07-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Thanks,

It takes me a while to get through series (just happened to finish a couple at the weekend and noticed this)

It might be another few weeks before I finish another, so will just wait for the official release of this

Thanks Again

Paul
07-08-2014, 10:47 PM
That's fine. We're expecting to release v4.0.6.0 later this week.

paulsalter
07-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Just tested on the latest version

Marked a series as watched, ran maintain and it was removed from the list

All working well now

Cheers

Paul
07-10-2014, 09:01 PM
Glad that works, Paul. Thanks for the confirmation.