PDA

View Full Version : Next unseen episode

HomerRamone
07-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Is there a way of creating a playlist that will show the next unseen episode of a given series from a set of folders.
So if I have
a folder with Series A, B and C
each has a season 1,2 and 3

Ive seen all of season 1 of Series A, the first 3 episodes of Season 1 of Series B and the first 2 seasons of Series 3 and the first 5 episodes of season 3.
The playlist I looking to see here would show
Series A, Season 2, Episode 1
Series B, Season 1, Episode 4
Series C, Season 3, Episode 6

Paul
07-07-2014, 12:00 PM
The best way is to create an active playlist just like the TV Series playlist, but add a Smart Filter rule to it like: [Play count] [is] [0]. This would list all your (unwatched) TV series, seasons and episodes in a nice playlist structure. Set the "Sort by" setting for the active playlist to "Track / Episode (Ascending)" so they are sorted in the right order. If you need help doing this, let us know and we'll help further.

HomerRamone
07-08-2014, 04:14 AM
Looks like that might do the trick. thanks

HomerRamone
07-08-2014, 04:28 AM
Just one more thing - is there a way I can get it to only show 1 episode from each show ? So I can bascially see the next episode of A, next of B and so on ?

As opposed to showing all the unseen episodes of A and so on.

Paul
07-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Just one more thing - is there a way I can get it to only show 1 episode from each show ? So I can bascially see the next episode of A, next of B and so on ?

As opposed to showing all the unseen episodes of A and so on.

Yes - in the Smart Filter dialog for the active playlist, set the limit to 1 file.

HomerRamone
07-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Further to this I seem to have it almost just how I want it. My smart filter conditions are:
Category is TV Show
Play count is 0
Keyword is WATCHING

This way I can control exactly what shows I want to be listed by giving them the WATCHING keyword.
It seems to take forever for edits to the keyword to show up though - If I add a new show, by tagging it with the keyword the playlist seems to reflect it.. sometime.. eventually.. probably. Ive tried forcing it by refreshing the playlist and maintaining the playlist and neither seem to give it a 'kick'.

Paul
07-21-2014, 07:32 AM
Glad it's working. After making a change to your active playlist, Mezzmo will update it in the background. It may take anything from a few seconds to a few minutes depending on now many files you have.